chevyman75

Dec 22, 2013
clarion, pa
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter discovery 1100
discovery 3000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How does everyone clean their finds whether it be coins or relics? I mean clean as in to be able to identify what it is!? i have heard alot say they use a tooth brush and others a soft paint brush. just want some other insights on how everyone else cleans their coins/relics to identify them. :dontknow:

Upvote 0

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
copper coins, i use a toothpick and scratch away just enough dirt to see the date. If it is a key date or very old coin, I just work it alittle more around the high points of the coin. then I take some face oil and lightly brush the coin, to bring it out. Silver coins, I run it in warm water and gently rubbing some dirt away, till i can see the date. If it is a key date, i stop. If it is a common date, I then move to the next step of using baking soda.

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
How does everyone clean their finds whether it be coins or relics? I mean clean as in to be able to identify what it is!? i have heard alot say they use a tooth brush and others a soft paint brush. just want some other insights on how everyone else cleans their coins/relics to identify them. :dontknow:

I put all of my coins in a rock tumbler. Picked it up at harbor freight. It takes about one hour to clean them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread