RedhookTN

Tenderfoot
Dec 21, 2013
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
None yet
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
So I found a great deal on an ACE 350 with lots of extras, looking at it tomorrow morning. I plan to use different coins and I read about a soft tap to the shoe to check the coil. I know to look for obvious wear and abuse. Is there anything else I need to,or should, do? This will be my first detector and I would appreciate any helpful advice or suggestions the experts can offer!

Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Check the bottom of the coil to see if they used a cover. If not, it could be pretty scratched up. Look for look epoxy. Also, check the cable connections to make sure you get clear connections that aren't loose.

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Not knowing how familiar you are with the 350 already, I suggest you check out Garrett's video series on the 350 then when you get your hands on it, run it through every function to ensure it's operating properly.

It's a super detector for its class but just be aware, the control box isn't waterproof

OP
OP
R

RedhookTN

Tenderfoot
Dec 21, 2013
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
None yet
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks everyone, I watched videos and read several posts here. It was such a good deal that I was leery of it. I ran it through every thing I could remember and it seemed fine, looked at the coil, plugs and box, again OK. So I bought it. I got a 350, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digging tool, pouches, holders, belt and a knife for $225. I think I scored but, time will tell.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks everyone, I watched videos and read several posts here. It was such a good deal that I was leery of it. I ran it through every thing I could remember and it seemed fine, looked at the coil, plugs and box, again OK. So I bought it. I got a 350, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digging tool, pouches, holders, belt and a knife for $225. I think I scored but, time will tell.

Thats a heck of a deal. The is very light and easy to swing and it will go NUTS on shallow coins... you will know when it's a coin :) Also a 350 tip, if a target rings up like a quarter or dime, swing just the front tip of the coil over it... if it then sounds like iron it's a bottle cap. Even after I upgraded to the Pro, I still have my 350 hanging right next to it. Just can't bring myself to sell it.

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I recently tested the Ace 350 for Kellyco and the Coins mode is a killer! A great performer...surpringly so on our central Florida beaches!

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Uhhh.. YES>. You scored out. I spent almost $500 for the same setup.

OP
OP
R

RedhookTN

Tenderfoot
Dec 21, 2013
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
None yet
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Uhhh.. YES>. You scored out. I spent almost $500 for the same setup.

It had been on Craigslist for a week when I found it. Listed for $250 and he offered $225 when he replied to my text. I just couldn't bring myself to offer $200. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread