First Ever Metal Detecting Trip With Garrett Ace 250

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I went out for my first ever metal detecting trip today and had some fun with friends who have private permission to detect on local farmland. I bought a Garrett Ace 250 to use while I'm deciding if I like the hobby. i filmed about 1/2 the finds i came across and being my first trip, I had it in all metal mode to begin with which meant I was digging up a lot of typical farmyard iron works, my friends had better luck finding some old buttons and a few old coins. It was a good day and the video shows what I found at the end. I hope you like the video and feel free to comment on it at YouTube and Subscribe for more videos as they come:

Upvote 0

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like fun, I would have loved to find what you found. Friends, and sun what more could one ask for. Congrats!

OP
OP
Goldgrabber

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
There was a lot more of that kind of stuff to be had, I turned the discrimination off for iron after a few hours as there was so much of it and I wanted to find something better for some beginners luck :)

OP
OP
Goldgrabber

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
Are there many other people using this detector as I'm in 2 minds whether to keep it or change it (after just 1 trip ever detecting)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread