MXT Tips

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't get a response PM pescodore he should be able to give you some pointers. I always start out with the Users Manual and read it completely then use the machine. After the hunt I come back and read the manual again.. repeat till I don't gain any new knowledge from the manual.
From what I have been told it is a very simple turn on and go machine that is very deep without much need to make adjustments.
Good luck!

gordonquixote

Apr 8, 2012
N FL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Discrimination down low and sensativity +3.

The target I'D coupled with the certainty bar are usually dead on.

Ground balance then lock it.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Put the hours in - it's a great machine and you'll really like it when you get to know it well.
luvsdux

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
mongoose, the MXT was meant to be a cross-over machine, for both nuggets (which are grain-of-rice sized or BB-sized) to coins/relics. As such, it will excel in neither arena. There will be better coin/relic/jewelry machines, and there will be better nugget/prospecting machines. However, the MXT is a happy compromise. And is an easy to use machine with pleasant sounds.

I take it you've read the instructions ? Then also try throwing some targets out on clean ground to see how the different things sounds. Eg.: a nail, a bolt, a nickel, a quarter, etc.... Also put a nail next to, and/or over various coins, to learn how things are going to sound when mixed up (2 or more items in a single hole).

I see you're from Oklahoma. So you are about as far from any gold producing regions as you could possibly be in the USA :) So you'll have no use for the prospecting features (unless you want to go hunt BB's or lead flecks for some reason). So you'll not use the prospecting portions of the control options.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread