What is the difference between AT Pro & AT Gold?

usinadi

Mar 9, 2015
Stilwell, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350; Garrett AT Gold, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am about to move up to a new metal detector and I have almost narrowed it down between a garrett AT Pro or Gold but I have a question on the difference between the two. I live in Northeast Oklahoma so the ability to metal detect in saltwater is really not an issue. My question is: is an AT Gold able to do everything that an AT Pro can do but is just better at finding gold? Thank you for any advice that you can give. PS I have been using a Garrett ACE 350 since March so that is why I am going with a Garrett so there will not be too much of a change although my feelings about the ACE 350 are kind of lukewarm. I have only found one silver but tons of wheaties and hate that it is hard to identify nickels...lol although it may be more operator error than the machine's capabilities! Thanks again!:)

Upvote 0

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe the diff lies in the iron discrimination between the two.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
AT Pro is a nice step up from the 350. It has proportional audio, which will help with target ID. I started with a Bounty Hunter and didn't find much, within a month of going to the ATP, I found my first silver coin... I found 10 silvers in 90 days with that machine... then bought a Deus.

If you can afford to go up (or save some more money), an XP Deus is an awesome machine! I have used one for about 15 months, and have found over 110 silver coins with it!

The real secret to finding silver is the SPOT. You have to hunt the places where silver coins are hiding. No machine can find silver that is not there! Research and permission are the keys... sadly...

Best of luck to you. Don't hesitate to PM if I can be of assistance. GL.

OP
OP
U

usinadi

Mar 9, 2015
Stilwell, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350; Garrett AT Gold, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for all the information and links. ..they are really helping me. My dad used a White's and had found a lot but I hadn't got back into metal detecting until this year and since dad has passed on I lost a wealth of information and experience from him. Thanks again!

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry for your loss.

Welcome aboard TNet! There are a great bunch of guys and gals here!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread