I ask for help in the search for a treasure hidden in a house!

Rifrik

Greenie
Sep 9, 2015
Detector(s) used
JeoHunter 3D Dual System
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I would like some advices for a research that I intend to make. In particular I would like to know which GPR or gold detector is more appropriate to find a hidden treasure (box of gold jewelry) in a large, messy and old house full of junk made of metal, aluminum, steel, copper and iron that disturb the research for gold hidden. Most likely the treasure was hidden (or buried) in the walls made of tufa and stone bricks (there are also concrete with iron reinforcement, water pipes and electrical conduits), in walled cellars or cavity, under a walled and cemented floor. Which device is most suitable for my research? What do you recommend buying? GPR or gold detector? and which model? I tried for years to find it using the garret ace 350 without success and now I'm trying the JeoHunter 3D Dual System (Makro), but unfortunately even with this instrument the research is confused and full of false targets. Thank you very much!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I would like some advices for a research that I intend to make. In particular I would like to know which GPR or gold detector is more appropriate to find a hidden treasure (box of gold jewelry) in a large, messy and old house full of junk made of metal, aluminum, steel, copper and iron that disturb the research for gold hidden. Most likely the treasure was hidden (or buried) in the walls made of tufa and stone bricks (there are also concrete with iron reinforcement, water pipes and electrical conduits), in walled cellars or cavity, under a walled and cemented floor. Which device is most suitable for my research? What do you recommend buying? GPR or gold detector? and which model? Thank you!

Your best allies are your eyes and brain.
Having said that, a decent discrimination detector will do the job. Nothing will see through the walls though.

OP
OP
R

Rifrik

Greenie
Sep 9, 2015
Detector(s) used
JeoHunter 3D Dual System
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rent a Bulldozer...

Too much expensive. The house is very large, I should destroy it completely, not worth it

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try searching the walls under uv light. Blacklight will show any newer pointing in old brickwork. Also check the coal or fuel bunker. Good luck.!

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Too much expensive. The house is very large, I should destroy it completely, not worth it

I know... it was a joke. But any how from the way you put it. It would seem impossible to locate the treasure with a detector.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you know there is actually treasure to be found? A GPR would be the way to go if you know how to read one. It will give shapes instead of beeping at every piece of metal.

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Knock on the wall and listen.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
If the walls are full of pipes, wires, rebar, etc.... you are pretty much scr#wed. You might try an old Compass 77b or 94b, purposefully de-tuned. They rejected all small iron as if it wasn't even there. But would sound off quick nicely on can-sized objects or larger.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make it a year long project and be very detailed in your search. You have a lot of trash to go through. Other than that almost impossible

OP
OP
R

Rifrik

Greenie
Sep 9, 2015
Detector(s) used
JeoHunter 3D Dual System
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My aunt told me shortly before his death, but because of poor health she was unable to tell me the exact spot. That house is now mine and before selling it I would find the treasure.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rifrik

Greenie
Sep 9, 2015
Detector(s) used
JeoHunter 3D Dual System
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you know there is actually treasure to be found? A GPR would be the way to go if you know how to read one. It will give shapes instead of beeping at every piece of metal.

My aunt told me shortly before his death, but because of poor health she was unable to tell me the exact spot. That house is now mine and before selling it I would find the treasure.

Last edited:

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could find someone with a CTX 3030 or etrac and build a program rejecting everything except the nickel range. Gold can hit anywhere but there will be some in that nickel range.

So you won't hear your iron pipes, copper wiring, nails, etc.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your best allies are your eyes and brain.
Having said that, a decent discrimination detector will do the job. Nothing will see through the walls though.
GPR and Xrays will.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd also do a MrT suggested and use a black light to check fresh repairs or modifications. Look for loose bricks, boards, and removable panels.

OP
OP
R

Rifrik

Greenie
Sep 9, 2015
Detector(s) used
JeoHunter 3D Dual System
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd also do a MrT suggested and use a black light to check fresh repairs or modifications. Look for loose bricks, boards, and removable panels.

ok Thank you! Where can I find a MRT for my research?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what kind of gpr instrument you advise me? and how an Xrays instrument is made?
Ground Penetrating Radar would probably be more practical than trying to set up an Xray machine throughout a house. There are several manufacturers with all sorts of prices. Do a Google search.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread