OP
OP
S

stavrosgr

Greenie
Oct 8, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the answer.!! Do you might know if this machine will work in my place cause its too mineralized or do you have any other to propose me?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the answer.!! Do you might know if this machine will work in my place cause its too mineralized or do you have any other to propose me?

Got to tell us where you live before I know if it works there....

OP
OP
S

stavrosgr

Greenie
Oct 8, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Greece in the western Macedonia the place is a very mineralized mountain with hills and as i mention befor has squartz and rust and i am talking for a very big amount of gold no nuggets or something like this..

Last edited:

landman

Apr 27, 2005
New York
Detector(s) used
DRS Ground Exper
3 Foot Probe
Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you decide on a PI or Pulse machine like the Lorenz Z1 great. That should take care of your mineralization. Personally I like the Makro Deep Hunter or Golden King. Yes one of the complaints on the Internet forums has been said that mineralization affects the Golden King. However there are things one can do to assist the detector in it's processing of detecting deeply buried objects. Much of this "mineralization issue" is due to operator error or inexperience.
Here's somethings to do when the machine begins to be affected by the ground. #1 manually ground balancing #2 turning the sensitivity to 70% or even 50%. #3 You can also try turning off your iron so the machine rejects or ignores iron. #4 Swing the machine steady and even 4-8 cm above the ground #5 using the reset switch as ofter as you need it.
Once you believe you found a target, swing and check the spot several times from different angles. If they all check out, dig. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread