Best day ever! So many silvers!

Captain Kirk

Dec 27, 2014
Western Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got permission to detect an old saloon/mercantile opened in 1882 near Willcox AZ two days ago. Lots of trash in the yard, in fact nothing but trash. Then the owner said "Check out the old cellar under the store, its got a dirt floor". Went down there, it was really dusty and dirty, had to pull some construction lights down there to be able to see. Wasn't finding anything but old nails until BAM! solid quarter signal in the back corner of the cellar. Dug down through two inches of dirt, hit about and inch worth of old weeds/sticks/bark that the old timers must have used to line the floor. Under that was my first Barber Quarter, a 1907! I was really excited. Then I got another hit, 3 inches from the first, another silver! Long story short, I found all the coins in that back corner in about a 3x3 area. Lots of firsts for me! Havent been able to get them all cleaned up yet to figure out the dates, but it was an amazing day! I'll keep this updated as I figure out exactly what I found. Thanks for looking.

Finds from today: 2 Standing Liberty quarters, two Barber Quarters, four Mercury dimes, one silver Roosevelt dime, two buffalo head nickels, 4 wheat pennies, one smaller coin, I think its an arizona tax credit, 1 old bullet.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread