Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get the at gold. I like the pro but only use my gold now.

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
No experience w/an AT PRO but I did get an AT Gold as my 1st detector. I use it for parks and for the desert when I go dry washing for gold. It is a coin beast for the price range. It SCREAMS on dimes and quarters and once you learn it, its great. AT Pro's tones are probably a bit nicer on the ear as the ATG seems to be more like an angry German ripping you a new one. If you don't plan to do fresh water area's I'd highly recommend the AT Gold with a straight shaft. You'll be digging about 8" consistently and its rather accurate in its ID #'s,
350.00 won't get you much. Hold on and get something in the 500.00 used range. You'll be happier.

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Me personally I don't consider it to be a mid range machine at all..... I'd like to challenge the so called high end machines & I guarantee I will keep up with them.... Just my two cents!

I'd Love to see a REAL WORLD test. Rope off a section of a park or better yet BEACH.. (OH GOD THAT WOULD BE A HOOT!) with known deep signals that WERE NOT PLANTED. Have the AT family of detectors go through and "clean it out". Then have the MineLabs go through. The Deus' and the CTX's.... Could be rather funny.

Now in YOUR defense, I have an AT GOLD and it will beat an AT PRO which does pretty well.... For the most part, if the coil goes over it, it gets it. Now, you have to take in account iron masking, multiple target id, auto ground balancing, and various other things that the AT family simply does NOT do.
As a mid range detector it does well. And really it's not even a mid range. It's like an upper lower class. Mid range would be around 800 bucks to 1000. Since the higher ones are around 2500+..

It's normal to hype and brag about a detector when it's the one you have/use. When I had my AT Gold strictly, I thought it was the best thing ever. Then I got an Excalibur 1000 for the beach and WOW... Then I got a CTX 3030 and holy s#$%,...

Last edited:
OP
OP
MasonRoberson

MasonRoberson

Aug 23, 2015
North GA
Detector(s) used
Garret products! Love them!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have watched some videos where they compared the AT Pro to the E Trac and did about as well as the E trac

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well just for your entertainment I have a bud that USED TO USE AN E TRAC & now switched to an AT Pro & yes we went through areas he did & found numerous coins ect. We must be lucky?

lazabert

May 11, 2015
Broad Brook, ct
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE 250 & 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got the Ace 250 and look forward to the AT PRO after the snow leaves. I have found all with my 250 --gold, silver, buttons, sterling etc. I've heard good things about the AT PRO. I look forward to having one

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread