Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, The F4 comes with an 11" DD coil and the F44 comes with 11" concentric coil. I'm getting out of the Relic hunting and CW trips due to can't climb hills much anymore.
I want a machine for Parks, old homesteads etc. Primarily for Coins and Jewelry. For Georgia soil I need Manual GB.
I also like the adjustable threshold in both. The F44 is higher Frequency if that matters. Advantage F44 on Batteries.:dontknow:
Which of the two is best for my needs. Please answer only about the F4 and F44 as I'm sticking with Fisher.
Thanks, Marvin
PS, I'm leaning towards the F44 but your expertise will be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The F4 manual ground balance is only active in all metal mode. It has a preset GB for Disc mode like the F2. I used an F4 for most of last season. I really like the stock DD coil. My preference is for DD over concentric. The two 9v batteries give you 40 hrs of detection in the F4, the F44 gets 20 hrs from the two AAs. The F44 will handle rain, where as you need to put a cover on the F4 to keep it dry. I really think, both the ground grab feature and the fact that it's weatherproof pushes me to the F44. I just wish it came with a DD coil. I upgraded at the end of last year and now swing an F75 LTD SE.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread