Upgrading machine

aaron.cieply

Aug 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello friends,

I'm sure you all have your favorites but what should I upgrade to (I have an Ace 250 now). I plan to buy a used machine and am thinking around $450-500 budget.

I do mostly land detecting, but wouldn't mind something a bit better at the beach also.

Go!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

Mell0w Sl0w

Sep 7, 2015
North GA
Detector(s) used
whites coinmaster pro, whites bulls eye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What made you go with the 5x8DD? I actually ended up with an AT Pro that had both coils... I'm running the larger 11" because I like the ground I can cover. I'm thinking the only point I'd use the 5x8 is in the mountains looking for nuggets... and then I read your post and you're running it full time... WHOA>..brain blown. Why? Praytell...

yea I run the 5x8 just about full time, most often lately I am hunting old homesites or parks and the 5x8 is a must for those trashy areas....ive even considered getting the even smaller "super sniper". But if I was gonna hit a beach or an open field I would definitely put back on the stock coil. But even in some instances where I would ideally prefer to be using the larger coil, I will still stick with the 5x8 just because it is so much more maneuverable with the small coil. Swinging a coil around an old homesite that is overgrown with saplings and briars ( not an issue for those lucky detectorists in in the Midwest and other places, but treacherous for us down south guys) the larger coil is simply not an option, you cant swing in those tight conditions. Of the 50 hrs I have on the AT since dec, I bet only two have been with the big coil. When I vacation this summer I will def be bringing it along for the beaches......I would put a coil on the size of a snowshoe at the beach, if I could find one:laughing7: sometimes I walk for 20 minutes and never hear the machine make a noise, I end up wondering if its broken:icon_scratch:

Patriot 1776

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Dec 9, 2014
MA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX and V3i, Garrett AT Pro , ACE 350, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello friends,

I'm sure you all have your favorites but what should I upgrade to (I have an Ace 250 now). I plan to buy a used machine and am thinking around $450-500 budget.

I do mostly land detecting, but wouldn't mind something a bit better at the beach also.

Go!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I think the next step up will be the AT-Pro
give me a call and read this blog

Metal Detectors - View Blog

dennis

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread