Metal detecting thru ice & snow...silver, copper, coins & relics from the 17/1800s!

The Silverslingers

Apr 12, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro; White's VX3, MXT All Pro, Treasure Pro, Treasuremaster, MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metal detecting thru ice & snow...silver, copper, coins & relics from the 17/1800s!

Hello friends,

here our latest (short) video from last week's hunt through ice and snow! Braving the cold was SO worth it for coins & relics dating back to the 1700s...but the digging sure wasn't easy!

This is a video link, if you do not want to watch it, please just keep on scrolling. As I said before, I make no money off my little clips, I simply enjoy sharing our weekend adventures.

I hope you all dig something amazing this year!
(and stay warm) :)

https://youtu.be/cUR4r7h2Ykw

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I thought I was hard core detecting in the surf during a storm! :icon_salut: Won't be long before your ground is frozen too. You're going to have to change your name from the Silverslingers to the Bellringers if you keep finding those bells!

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You guys ROCK!
Hard core, chopping thru that snow and ice,
but it was worth it, wasn't it?
Now, if I can get my buddy to join me, hunting
our frozen ground, we might find something COOL, too...! :laughing7:

OP
OP
The Silverslingers

The Silverslingers

Apr 12, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro; White's VX3, MXT All Pro, Treasure Pro, Treasuremaster, MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all!! So far the woods are still getthroughable, but I fear the ground will freeze there also. As I am sitting here, it's snowing hard outside ARGH. Which doesn't mean we won't head out again next weekend! I remember last year we had to use an ice ax to break ground...Thank you guys for watching and awesome hunting to you (but stay warm!)!

OP
OP
The Silverslingers

The Silverslingers

Apr 12, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Bellringers"! That has a certain ring to it, lol! I like it :)

And I thought I was hard core detecting in the surf during a storm! :icon_salut: Won't be long before your ground is frozen too. You're going to have to change your name from the Silverslingers to the Bellringers if you keep finding those bells!

OP
OP
The Silverslingers

The Silverslingers

Apr 12, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you can persuade your buddy to join you!! The woods are your best bet (at least up here) - fields are solid like concrete (argh). Good luck to you! Make sure you stock up on hand/foot warmers....

You guys ROCK!
Hard core, chopping thru that snow and ice,
but it was worth it, wasn't it?
Now, if I can get my buddy to join me, hunting
our frozen ground, we might find something COOL, too...! :laughing7:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my younger days - id go out with chisels and sledge hammers to hunt frozen ground - and it paid off plenty
Love people that are diehards - keep it up
I hunt year round if I can - land or water
this is a blizzard - heading to the water

lost it

Aug 24, 2015
new england
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You two sure are dedicated! You also have so much fun out there in the field. Your videos are always fun to watch-thank you-great finds coming out of the ground and such enthusiasm. love it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions