NEL Tornado, on ATPro or BH Platinum.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys, Im here lost deciding if i should get the NEL/CORS Tornado coil for the AT pro or on the BH Platinum. Ive thought about keeping the ATpro with the 5x8, because it is light, and great for trashy park sites. However I want a BIG coil for the open areas of Prospect Park, which is less trashy than picnic areas and such. I like the Platinum as it is less bouncy when detecting IHCs, when compared to the ATPro. The Platinum is also lighter, so the weight of the coil will even out with the detector. Then Im torn on the fact that If i want to resell the NEL/CORS coil later, a Coil suited for ATpro will have more buyers, compared with BH...

Upvote 0

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I never take resale into account, I buy what I need. Sometimes I buy new, but that's only after I looked for used. Looks like you have 4 detectors, are you attached to them emotionally? Did you consider resale when you bought each of them? I rather sell something as soon as I no longer need it so it still has some value, I'd rather someone else get some enjoyment out of it rather than it just sit gathering dust and depreciating. I have sold 3 detectors and only started hunting in May 2014. I currently have 3 detectors. I have my main detector, a water detector, and a back-up/loaner detector. I have changed my coil on the F75 LTD SE numerous times in a day. All my coils are mounted on their individual shafts so the coil change is relatively quick and easy (5" DD, stock 9" x 11" DD and a 12" x 15" s.e.f.). Each coil serves a purpose. If you want the convenience of grab and go, get the coil for the Platinum. I am leaning towards selling my back-up which is VLF, same as the F75 and buying a used Minelab so I have an additional technology in my arsenal.

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks Loco-Digger. Now the big problem, ebay seem to have sold out on NEL Tornado coils for Bounty hunter Platinum/etc. Since BH Platinum is a 7.8 frequency machine, if i bought a NEL Coil for the Teknetics series ie, Gamma 6000. Will it theoretically work on the BH Platinum?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread