Turning my ATP wireless: RF/stereo or Bluetooth?

jmastny78

Jun 13, 2014
Three Rivers, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000
I am sick and tired of my headphone cable! I am planning on turning my ATP into a wireless unit, but I'm wondering which route is better: RF/stereo wireless or Bluetooth? I've heard a lot of talk about lag time being slow with Bluetooth, but most of that was from several years ago and I can't seem to find anything more recent. I would like to go Bluetooth since it allows more options and you can get it pretty much anywhere. I just don't want to get set up and find out I can't pin point easily because it's too slow sending the signal to my headphones. I am not opposed to the RF/stereo options, just wondering if Bluetooth technology has caught up enough to eliminate, or at the very least minimize, the lag time? Any info or advise would be greatly appreciated! HH

Upvote 0

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been using TDK WR700 for a year, no lag , I like them. they are discontinued, but you can get them, Amazon, Ebay, about $75- $100 You need Kleer tecnology

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been using TDK WR700 for a year, no lag , I like them. they are discontinued, but you can get them, Amazon, Ebay, about $75- $100 You need Kleer tecnology

I agree. They work fantastic.

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
I had never used a wireless setup before, but after a few hunts with the WM10 system on the CTX, I am a fan.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread