Heres to hoping!

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's to hoping!

After two of the worst Winters ever, last year and the year before, this year has been kind to us Michiganders. Instead of 2 to 3 feet of snow on the ground, and zero and below temps, we have no snow cover, today it is raining and has been in the 40's for days! So not having to wait for all the snow to melt, then wait for the ground to thaw, to start our season (usually in April) I am thinking early start to 2016. Had a huge flock of Robins in the Crab Apple tree, yesterday...................it is still January!!! After this rain I may go tomorow!!:laughing7:

Upvote 0

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm a reformed Michagander. I can relate to your anticipation. Hope our El Niño doesn't mess your plan up lol.

daemon1971

Sep 23, 2012
southeast mi
Detector(s) used
pioneer 202, gamma 6000, Garrett ATPro, tesoro vaquero
I live in Romulus mi. I got out yesterday for approximately 2 hrs, in the woods ..... Ground was soft to firm for the most part..... Where there was no leaves it was still pretty hard. Definitely an early digging season

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here in north/central ny, last 2 yrs was 2o below zero for weeks on end, this yr so far we had 1 nite at 3 below. This is much better, 40s and maybe a 50 degree day this week---:occasion14:

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Only bad thing about a mild winter is a hunting season dealing with higher concentrations of ticks and mosquitos. I do like to get out early though.

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would like to put a vote in for an early spring this year as well. I will second the fact that the past two winters have been hard ones in the State just south of you.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
After two of the worst Winters ever, last year and the year before, this year has been kind to us Michiganders. Instead of 2 to 3 feet of snow on the ground, and zero and below temps, we have no snow cover, today it is raining and has been in the 40's for days! So not having to wait for all the snow to melt, then wait for the ground to thaw, to start our season (usually in April) I am thinking early start to 2016. Had a huge flock of Robins in the Crab Apple tree, yesterday...................it is still January!!! After this rain I may go tomorow!!:laughing7:

A good inch of ice on the average where I've plowed , and snow ankle deep in the woods just south and west of mid Mi.today.
We'll see if Tues. brings rain or snow.
Either way ..so far it will be a quick melt come spring at this rate.:hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions