A needle detection test - for AT Gold, T2, G2 users (and everone who wants to join)

klauszoll

Feb 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an unusual request. Let me explain shortly, what it is all about: I need to buy a metal detector for my work as a tailor. Its main purpose is to detect sewing needles/pins (or event their broken parts) in toys. In the thread created about a week ago (http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting/491088-detector-sewing-needles.html.), many kind souls helped me a lot.

So finally I decided to buy one of the 3 detectors:
- Garrett AT Gold
- Teknetics T2
- Teknetics G2 (which is a clone of Fisher Gold Bug Pro)

And here is my request directed to the owners of these devices (but other devices' users also may take part — it may be helpful to compare the results):
- Make an air test, in which you measure the distance from which your detector detects a sewing needle in best sensitivity you can get (all metal mode).
- The needle must be no more than 1.3 inches long, and narrow in diameter — just a regular in shape, small sewing needle. If you don't have a needle, use a sewing pin instead.

Here are photos if a regular needle and some regular pins
needle.jpg

After the test, please write in this thread:
1. the name of the detector (and the settings you used)
2. the needle/pin's length
3. the distance from which it was clearly and repeatedly detected

I know, this is all crazy, and I hope someone will do it (it makes me a little embarrased to even ask).
The Wizards of Detection, let the Needle Challenge begin!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread