Something to Laugh About - Didnt expect THIS when I pulled back the plug!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know what you mean. I dug this last season.

20150502_183610.jpg

Here's the link to my post.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/461256-i-saw-eye-earth-looked-back.html

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's where reds evil eye went LOL Chug

joee5

Dec 16, 2015
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excaliber II
Whites XLT
Garrett PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eye was staring up at you. Lol, that's an odd find

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's looking at ya!

SirWalterRaleigh

Jul 29, 2015
Raleigh, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett pinpointer
Lesche 85 and Sampson t-handle 31"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey skippy, just so you know - you're my inspiration for learning the left side of my 350. I used to be like your son and only concentrated on the coin shooting and silver. But after seeing all of your success hunting parks and pulling rings - it got my blood rushing to do the same.

I havent found anything real yet but i'm hitting costume and junkers now, some gold plated and rolled gold too. I know I'm on the right track. Just wanted to say thanks for inspiring me to learn the left side tones of my ACE 350

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always remember - They're watching you!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great eyeball find

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday, I went for a short hunt... a couple of things here to laugh about..

1) This park has a basketball court, and as I pulled up, I started working the right side of it. Immediately started running into trash, but ZERO coins... Then I saw it.. the dreaded flap cut from another detectorist. UGGG... "Ah, well," I figured... "I might as well see what they missed." And then I worked the area pretty slowly. I pulled out two quarters, that were literally sitting with or on some aluminum. I'll take 50 cents for 15 minutes anytime... (that's about my average... $2 an hour). As I worked my way to the opposite side of the court, around the perimeter, I started finding ZERO targets. They were all pulled.. I wondered aloud (literally), "Man, did they do this area?" And started looking for evidence. The only evidence I found was some small dirt clods... I found the cut line near them. I even said to myself, "Wow, this guy dug some really nice holes, I can barely see them." Right about then, I looked up and the area looked strangely FAMILIAR... Then it hit me. This is where I pulled the 925 St. Christopher medal a week ago with my son. He'd done the right side of the basketball court, and I'd done the left. We'd approached from a different direction, and I'd missed the fact it was the SAME PARK. LOL The right side of the park was done by my son, with the ACE350 (he skips aluminum) and I'd done the left. Since I pull everything, this explained the lack of targets! I started laughing out loud. The good news is that I clearly impressed myself with how clean my flaps were and how little evidence I left of my digs! It also explains why he missed the two quarters (sitting on Aluminum).

That's the funny part.

Now... for the unexpected part...

I moved to a different location in the field, and got a strong 87 signal. I like those, they typically aren't dimes or quarters, and about half the time, they're something interesting. I made the cut, pulled back the flap and THIS is what was staring at me out of the hole. Just as is. I didn't know whether to laugh or be creeped out. Just took a picture and moved on. LOL It'll make a great memory in my year-end photo album.

View attachment 1285921

View attachment 1285922

Skippy
Can I join the eyeball club too? Here's mine that I found a year or two ago at a local beach. About 3am, new moon so pitch black out. I get a target hit, scoop it, reach inside the scoop, feel something "funny" and immediately let it go. I flip on my headlamp to see what the heck is in my scoop, and see this thing staring back at me! Almost had to go change my undies!

Attachments

• 100_1426.jpg
    100_1426.jpg
    1,001.9 KB · Views: 83

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No eyeball find yet Just Give us A few weeks Bernie and Bill Have Been here in the Last few days I'm sure Bill Has left some Stuff Laying Around!!! LMAO CHUG AND RED!! NO BLUE DRESS INVOLVED!!!!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MY OTHER EYE ! ! !

Yes... I wear 2 eye patches :P

Ima digger

Apr 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"It is illegal to disturb or possess any type of human remains", oh sorry, I been reading the legal posts too much. Some little kid is probably sorry to have lost his toy, but you've had fun with it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread