A surprising conversation with my grasshopper wife....

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....who has now become the master!!!

A little backstory: I recently bought a Land Ranger Pro for $230....great machine. Her budget was an extra $100 or so at $350...as she demanded the more expensive and "better" detector if she was to go along with me.

So we have been thinking about a Fisher F44...Tesoro Cibola...Whites TreasurePro....something decent and not a mortgage payment. Something for her to grow into...not out of.

Today I came home and noticed the $300 cash I had on my desk was nowhere to be found....oh boy....and so the conversation began....

Me: Heya babe...what's the deal on the $350 that was on my desk.

Her: Oh...I went ahead and put it in the bank. Ordered my detector since you were taking so long.

Me: Oh really?

Her: That's right.

Me: What did "you" happen to buy....if I may ask?

Her: Well...since you have a Land Ranger Pro, I didn't really want the F44 which is similar.

Me: So you got the Cibola

Her: No...almost bought a Vaquero though. But not sure if I would enjoy the ground balance on it. First Texas and Garrett has treated us well. So I decided to stick to them.

Me: Ok..so what did you get already...an AT Pro?

Her: Nope....A Gold Bug SE with the 5 inch coil. Something simple yet effective in many areas.

Me: What? Why? WTF woman!

Her: Well...you just bought the 5in coil for your Land Ranger Pro...so I wanted us to match and be besties!!!

At this point her being a MMA fighter...and me not being one....is the only reason I didn't throat punch her. Jail sentence be damned!

Her: (laughing) Just kidding babe. I mean...I really did buy a Gold Bug SE with a 5in DD...but not so we could match...but for when we go prospecting we can use it. Also, it will help deal with the terrible iron we have here in eastern Colorado. Not only that...I prefer to hunt parks and schools...and I like to dig everything. Not just coins like you. Which means I don't need all the notch and fancy stuff like the the F19 or T2 or Omega 8500. Just a simple disc knob will work for me. The 5in coil will help me there too...the trashy areas.

Me: Blank stare. Who is this woman.

Her: So there you have it "TheHunterGT" (she said that mockingly). Easy to use...not over-complicated...very powerful....VID and good sound. Don't be jealous...your Land Ranger Pro is pretty awesome too.

So...there I have it. I'll be over in the corner with my nose in the wall....

Upvote 0

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well you just got access to the F19, just under another name. You can get out of the corner now you big Lebowski.

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty stoked to use it...I'm not gonna lie. :laughing7: Ever since I sold my Garrett Scorpion I have missed having that gap filled in the arsenal.

She is over watching Youtube videos on it right now...paid next day shipping so it will be here tomorrow. The woman is bonkers.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know about ya'll's....... :icon_scratch:
I think the emf thingys from them coils has gotten to ya'll's brains. :tongue3: :laughing7:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
whew! seeing the thread title I was afraid it was about me!!

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH, You definitely got a keeper. Keep her happy and get in her corner. How would she fair against Rowdy Rhonda?:hello2:
Marvin

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol....As of right now with Rondas mental state....I'll take my wife by 3rd Rd TKO hehe. Terrible joke....I almost feel bad for saying it.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Hey you're lucky! I wish my girl showed that much interest in treasure hunting. She'll be finding those small gold chains that you go right over.

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh for sure....I am a big disc and notch guy. After the 3rd or 4th tab I usually just tell myself nickels and gold rings are a fantasy and crank it up to dimes lol.

She has no patience to stand in line for 5 minutes...but will dig everything there is when MDing. She will hit a small 10x10 foot section for a hour and grab every last bit.

I just can't...I'll get my gold prospecting. She comes to do that too...she is awesome.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
my wife always gets to drive the "newer" car .(unless I'm driving her around) ....that' my friend is married life...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread