My first actual "request to find something specific". 14K 1/4Carat diamond earring

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Make sure you take some pictures!!!

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check the other earing for ID at several inches to help you narrow it down. Good luck.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Luck! Stud earrings are pretty elusive. When I need to find one, I use my gold nugget machine. My other machines usually won't get a signal from a tiny stud earring. I only have one pin pointer that will find one too! My old TinyTec.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good for you Skippy. Good deeds have a reward all their own. :notworthy:

Troller

Mar 5, 2016
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5 DD, Si Robertson TC2X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing ventured nothing gained.

perry2

Jan 1, 2013
Bradford, NH
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had 4 requests to find things// A logging chain-found 8" in the mud--a 8"x2" pin from a feller buncher-- found in 12" snow after about 1/2 hr--- a nice Platanum ear ring -found in the side yard(in other end of yard from where directed) ---Gold chain + cross lost while working in a flower garden--1 hr not found///
Now to find a large part from a trail groomer-out about 1/2 mile--I hope to go out the next good day/// Perry

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The few times I've been asked to help usually turned into a bust. Seems when you get down to it, the person that lost the item is mistaken as to where it was lost or some other factor messes things up. I covered a lot of yard one time for a set of rings only to discover the most likely scenario was when the lady threw hay over the fence for their cows it was lost. Several days later the cows had been taken to the fair, then sold. Will never know if the rings left with a cow and got deposited somewhere along the way. Looked really hard for another one that finally turned up in the folk's garage when the lady of the house shook out her gardening gloves. I think the best chance for these situations to be successful is when one can do the search right away before memories fade, lawns get mowed etc.
luvsdux

perry2

Jan 1, 2013
Bradford, NH
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes// when someone says "I lost it rite here" It most often means I discovered it missing rite here // I love the requests none the less// perry

CaptEsteban

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2011
I hate it when someone tells you that they KNOW where they lost it , but when you get there , it turns out to be , " I think I lost it somewhere around here !"
I was asked one time to help find an engagement ring that a woman lost while " washing her dog." I thought it would be an easy , quick find. Got there & she said that she was " flinging " dog shampoo off here hands & it could be over there somewhere , pointing to the back yard ! It was " pure luck " that I found that little ring with a tiny diamond in it, after about 30-45 minutes of searching. Months later, her boyfriend said that she had gotten made at him & had thrown it away in the back yard !

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Update: Wow... That was a complete bust. Went to the neighbors house (as agreed 2 days ago), and I showed up to a frustrated lady who couldn't find the other earring! So... no way to test it against the AT Pro, and whether or not I could even detect it. She rode with me over to the park and showed me where she thought she might have lost it... it was a 30 yard swath probably 700 yards long. AND... she lost it 6 years ago... ouch.

I gave it my level best and for about 3 hours I slow searched that swath... I had to dig EVERY little signal, because I didn't know what I should be looking for. I'm so glad the field wasn't trashy... As it was, I still pulled about $1.80 in change for my efforts, but there was NO earring recovered.

:(

I also got to thinking "have I EVER found an earring that small?" Twice. Once because it was sitting next to a penny, and once because it was a GIANT stud earring at the surface of the sand (in Florida).

I'll have to send her a message, but given the depth of the coins I was finding (it's a WELL watered field), and how "loamy" that soil was... I'm thinking that earring has dropped beyond any hope of me finding it with AT Pro.

Ah well. At least I had great pizza tonight when I got home. (how's that for a random save.)

Skippy

Skippy - that's okay, most of the specific searches for lost (rings) that I've hunted for, turned up negative, too.
One lady said that she lost her ring "somewhere in the trees" - well, there is three groups of trees in the park
that she lost it! A largish area to search!
I have only been able to recover and return one of the gold wedding rings I've ever found. In the process of finding
the owner of another ring, using Craigs List and Facebook, plus the Service District that tends to the park.
Earrings are small tho,
We keep trying tho, right?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread