🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was able to get a little hunting in between the rain drops today. I went to a local zoo/park where some silver and wheaties had been found in the past. I wanted to see what I had missed with the E-trac and get some more time in on the CTX. They had just aerated the grass and the ground was littered with hundreds of mud turds since it had been sprinkling all morning. Every few feet required scraping a couple of inches of mud off my boots, so it was a muddy freaking mess. I just had hit a clad spill, a couple of pennies and a dime when my buddy called me to see how things were going. As I was talking to him, I scanned the ground where the spill was and got a 12/47 12/48 reading on the CTX, I figured it was a clad quarter from the spill. After I hung up from the call, I cut a shallow plug and low and behold, a silver ring falls outta the plug. I couldn't believe it, it was the last thing I expected. I figured after 2 hours of stopping around in the mud hole of a park it was time to leave. It's a size 10 weighing in at 7 grams. My first ring was a religious type that rang at 12/38 12/39 at 6" down at an old high school. I was running Minelab's stock high trash mode with combined tones and high trash recovery, auto sens +3

Attachments

• IMG_3622.JPG
    IMG_3622.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_3617.JPG
    IMG_3617.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Upvote 0

CoilToTheSoil

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Sovereign xs2a Pro
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab e-trac
Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the new ring, that's a looker

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe I should call you more often when you are hunting, Super ring I'm still looking for my first silver ring with etrac

OP
OP
Dan(NM)

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:) please do. BTW... not many people can say they found a gold medallion first day with their e-trac Jimmy, you got off to a hellava start.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread