Lake of the Ozarks Area

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Hello

Will be visiting LOA in a few weeks. My daughter wants to take her detector and see if we can find anything there. Anyone here have any info on that area? Where to hunt? I do have a permit for the State Beach there, have to go 7AM-9AM if I go at all. I have never detected in the water so I may give this a try.

Upvote 0

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is in Warsawdaddy's back yard. He should be around soon to answer your questions.

;) RR

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
I don't know the town but we are staying at my father-in-law's condo at the Knolls. The road to get there is directly across from the main Tantara entrance.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Tan-Tar-A is at Osage Beach.Main entrance is about 3mi north on KK off hwy54(main drag thru the heaviest tourist area.I'm about 45mi from there so am of little help.I would suggest just doing the beach areas and any play areas around the condo.You may look for any of the 'old' school locations around Osage Beach/Linn Creek,but with only a couple of hrs to hunt,the tourist traffic will eat a lot of that time up.But enjoy your stay and the water.Lots of activities in that area.Seven drownings on the Lake so far this year(not one wearing preserver),so take precautions.Happy vacation!

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Thank you for your offer of help. I appreciate it. I haven't been to the condo in 4 years, don't imagine much has changed since then.

Water and alcohol don't mix! (when it comes to recreation)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread