Inner Town Hatred?

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
It's a beautiful day today and my wife has to work late. So, I called one of my permissions and asked if I could hunt after work. They said yes, but asked me about one of my finds and said that they may want it. Well, I certainly don't mind giving a land owner something that I find, but here are a list of problems:
1 - I found the item over 2 months ago.
2 - I didn't find the item on their property, just in the same town.
3 - I don't post my finds anywhere but here.
4 - I don't personally know any other MDer in my town except my hunting partner (who I don't suspect in the least)

So, that begs the question, how did the land owner know about this item? I asked them just that and they replied "well, you know how word gets around". But, there is just no place it could have come from but here. My guess is that someone saw me hunting on that property and saw me post on here and told them that whoever detects on your land found this item and kept it. I have a hunch as to who it might be.

Anyway, in conclusion, I guess I will have to start being more vague about where my finds come from. I'm taking the item to the land owner to show them today and telling them exactly where I found it. If they still feel that it is theirs I will give it to them, but that's not the point of this rant. I never realized that I had to watch my back just doing some metal detecting as a hobby. I don't bother anyone and never expected to have this kind of problem.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread