Turtle Trapper

Greenie
Apr 28, 2016
Mechanicsville, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quicksilver
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not always do land owners always cooperate, but still, we ask permission. Not always does the weather cooperate, but still, we detect. Not always do we find anything, but still, we keep trying. Why, you ask? Because there is always the possibility. The chance that we will hit it big. We all have one relic we yearn to find. For some, it is a certain coin. For others, it is a lost item. But regardless of what you wish to discover or recover, we all have one thing in common: we are dreamers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not always do land owners always cooperate, but still, we ask permission. Not always does the weather cooperate, but still, we detect. Not always do we find anything, but still, we keep trying. Why, you ask? Because there is always the possibility. The chance that we will hit it big. That is why. We all have one relic we yearn to find. For some, it is a certain coin. For others, it is a lost item. But regardless of what you wish to discover, we all have one thing in common: we are dreamers.
At 76 I'm not as active in detecting as I used to be, however, I wish to remain "Not as active" as long as I can.:occasion14:
It is so relaxing and on occasion I meet an interesting person that otherwise I wouldn't.
Marvin

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am 71 and can relate to Marvin... I do it for the exercise and the fun of the unknown... I try to get out daily and I often meet interesting people and on occasion another guy detecting. Marvin is so right it is very relaxing...

A vendor said it best to me when he sent me something to try out. I asked if he wanted my credit card and he said no need I never met a dishonest person into metal detecting.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not always do land owners always cooperate, but still, we ask permission. Not always does the weather cooperate, but still, we detect. Not always do we find anything, but still, we keep trying. Why, you ask? Because there is always the possibility. The chance that we will hit it big. That is why. We all have one relic we yearn to find. For some, it is a certain coin. For others, it is a lost item. But regardless of what you wish to discover, we all have one thing in common: we are dreamers.

Perfect TT, just freaking perfect! :icon_thumleft:

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not always do land owners always cooperate, but still, we ask permission. Not always does the weather cooperate, but still, we detect. Not always do we find anything, but still, we keep trying.

Very good Anaphora. Two thumbs up!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
We create some of our greatest memories in this hobby just by doing it.

I remember while working at the Pilgrim Nuclear Station in Plymouth, Mass in the late 80's - I was darned tired from long hours of work one Sunday morning. The wife (at the time) wanted to take our 5 year old son to a public park. I was dragging butt, but agreed.

As we were leaving, she said "Aren't you going to take your metal detector?". I was kinda grumbling, but put it in the car trunk.

We got there and I watched my son go from spot to spot on the grounds. The wife again asked me if I was going to metal detect, kinda had to nudge me into pulling it out. I got it all ready to go (the Fisher 1260X), turned it on and walked over to the closest swing set, and the first signal was a gold wedding band. I turned the detector off - figured I wasn't going to do any better than that, and just rested for the remainder of the day.

Memories are made from this!

Keep the faith, and keep swinging! I've memories yet to find.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree - I always say when asked "cause you never know what you'll find next" :occasion14:

OP
OP
Turtle Trapper

Turtle Trapper

Greenie
Apr 28, 2016
Mechanicsville, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quicksilver
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you for all the nice replies, but really this is just something I wrote to kill time. It only took me about two minutes, so really it's not something I should be praised for.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are a vehicle for those truths TT. :notworthy: The next plug may be "the plug". :headbang:

Troller

Mar 5, 2016
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5 DD, Si Robertson TC2X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not always do land owners always cooperate, but still, we ask permission. Not always does the weather cooperate, but still, we detect. Not always do we find anything, but still, we keep trying. Why, you ask? Because there is always the possibility. The chance that we will hit it big. We all have one relic we yearn to find. For some, it is a certain coin. For others, it is a lost item. But regardless of what you wish to discover or recover, we all have one thing in common: we are dreamers.

Well said! It is the thrill of the hunt, the challenge, the uncertainty that draws me. In fact I feel the only certainty in metal detecting is that if you don't look you will never find it! It of course being whatever it is that you are looking for.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Some of my best finds have been because of the dream" in the most unlikeliest of places sometimes but it's the dream that keeps us going.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions