PEOPLES BEHAVIOR AT THE BEACH

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is not what you might think when you clicked on this post.

Today had a super low tide in South Carolina about 11:30 am so I detected Garden City and Surfside Beaches during the crowded time.

Found some sinkers, hot wheel car, some clad and the usual pull tabs, bottle caps and a couple chewed up cans with sharp edges.

A couple hours in the hunt a man and wife came over to me and said "it is awful hot out here. Would you like an ice cold water and handed me a cold bottled drink!"
That brought a smile to my face. He is a fisherman so he ended up with a couple 4 oz sinkers with hooks and tackle.

While we were talking another man came up and asked me what I recovered. It was sharp aluminum scrap. He said let me take that trash to the barrel for you.
Wow...he took that and another partial can from me for disposal.

Next was a man and boy asking about the hobby and how to get started. Very nice fellow. I asked him if his boy liked hot wheels. He said that was one of
his favorite toys. I gave him the one I dug and you would have thought it was the whole world. The boy thanked me probably 4 times before running to the water
to clean off his new toy!

On the way back to the car a couple sitting outside a condo asked me what I dug today. I said mostly pull tabs, bottle caps and pieces of aluminum cans along with some coins.
The lady said they were watching me and wanted to thank me for helping keep the beach clean as they appreciated that!

As far as finds go today wasn't on any particular note. But I left the beach with a smile on my face and with a little faith in humanity :hello2:

Upvote 0

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great story and great experience.
It's really great to know that not everyone is a jerk these days.
I've run across a few too many....

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like the perfect day. And you found good people to enjoy it with. Nice.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Great story! Happy to read about people going out of their way to show you kindness. I love the beach for all it is and those kinds of experiences just add a great deal to it.
Thanks for sharing such a positive story. Made my day!

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
wow! if only everyone can be like those people!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions