What is your most fravite relic that you dug up?

allison86

Jul 12, 2015
kent wa
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter/ garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is my second year metel decteing so far my fravite relic that I dug up is this musket rifle sight 20160703_113121.jpg what is yours?

Upvote 0

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool thread...but my favorite relic, by far, was the three silver rings, joined together...one ring through the other ring, excellent craftsmanship...and can be put on your finger like a regular ring and has a "braided" look to it on your finger...sorry no pic, but I'm camping...in the RAIN... (Thank God for Tnet!...)..but I think most here have an idea, I've seen 1 or 2 posted...thx very much..ddf

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude that's a tough one! From my CS buckle to my bucket full of horse shoes, I love it all. The wife says I should speak with Dr Phil. Even square nails are history, so I guess the history itself is the best find.[emoji482]

HH RN

OP
OP
A

allison86

Jul 12, 2015
kent wa
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter/ garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found a lot of sqaured nails this one I dug up yesterday 20160702_183241.jpg it's bizarre on how good of a condition it is

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every artifact has a back story, some we can read by doing a little research, some we just have to imagine....that is my favorite part of what I do. Every story is different and that makes for a lot of favorites. In short....what relicnut said.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dug this my first season, it is still my Best Relic.

WWI German Bavarian Merit Cross 1866 Merenti Swords Medal Badge

20160703_200618.jpg

Dug in Northern Ohio

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
You have brought back a painful and depressing memory. I have mentioned this before, I think. I was about 20(now nearly 70) and I was hunting on a Texas "Hill Country" ranch somewhere out from Fredericksburg, Texas. I have never recalled where. It was a typical Nov. day. low of 50* and high of 70*. I was just walking around the deer lease looking for arrowheads and went down a gradual slope about a mile or so towards a little dry creek that was about 15 feet or so across. Up against one bank was about 50 or so 4-5 foot pieces of rebar. None was rusted, in fact, I dropped a piece and it shown shiny. I wondered who in the world would leave rebar out there and figured the rancher was going to build something. It was straight metal, no twists and worthless. I forgot about it. A decade later I read about Harp Perry(?) and a partner mining silver in the hills. They used cane from a creek to pour their smelted silver in because it was green and wouldn't burn. In time it rotted away, leaving 4-5 feet of pure silver tubes. They were set upon by Comanches and buried them by a creek. I think to this day that's what I found, but cannot remember exactly where I was. I used to spend free time searching, but never found anything. Might have been another town. I had a couple of leases and day hunted too. Just never remembered where. Pretty crappy treasure hunter aren't I?

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colt percussion revolver!

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This old Colorado and Southern Railyard key is my favorite...dated to 1898 to 1908. Found it on a old homestead about 200 yards from the old tracks.

key 2.jpg

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great thread!

I haven't dug a ton of relics as I am mostly just a coin shooter. Heck, I haven't even found a Civil War bullet yet. But probably my favorite is a 1850's Militia plate. It was in pretty rough shape when I dug it so I decided to have a minimal restoration done to it. Even though it cost more to restore than the plate is probably worth, I figured I wouldn't dig another.

Dug condition.

I could have had a more thorough restoration done, but I wanted it to be as original as possible.

G

gman17

Nice plate! Someone did some good work. I'm sending mine off next week to get straightened.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is My favorite, Chug

power flask.jpg

Texas T

Jul 4, 2016
Sun Lakes / Show Low, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found near Reagan High School in Houston. They were tearing down a 1900's neighborhood to make room for new athletic fields. It was next to a tree down about a foot.

Attachments

• meshpurse3.jpg
    meshpurse3.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 103

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread