Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you are really enjoying the hobby, there is no sense in half stepping. Get the best detector you can afford. Out of those 2 choices, I think you know which one I'd chose. :thumbsup:

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would definitely dodge getting the ACE. I made that mistake and the Pro is so much better choice. The Ace has several built in issues that they post as being great but go against most hunting styles.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree with Loco & bowwinkles....

You see a need for an upgrade, and you're only thinking a half step? Do that, and you'll be upgrading again from the Ace400. Go for the ATP and don't look back. In the end you'll have saved the cost of the 400.

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
AT Pro. No question.

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The AT Pro gives you much more capability and it's waterproof. Even you don't intend to detect in water, have you ever been caught in a rain storm while doing an outdoor activity?

If you go with the Ace 400, I guarantee that at some point, you'll wish you had invested the extra money and gone with the AT Pro---bank on it.

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
If you are really enjoying the hobby, there is no sense in half stepping. Get the best detector you can afford. :thumbsup:

Given the frequency of the 'what detector should I get' question, this advice should be a sticky.

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AT Pro or MX5 or MXSport.... OR.... keep an eye on the used and bust out that extra 100, saving taxes and try an Etrac or Excalibur.... Or safari.

Digzit2

Jan 2, 2016
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics t2 se,Deteknix X pointer angus mackirk explorer,keene a51a.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a 400 and did not like it for many reasons. Go with the at pro.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Heck go big, spend $1200+ and get an E-Trac and never look back. Makes the At Pro look like an ace 150 or lower... The thing is a real coin hog... It picks up coins at 10" no problem and coins at 8" it beeps like they are surface hits. I have an At Pro, Whites V3i and an E-Trac... and the E-trac is far superior especially for coins.. The V3i is a better jewelry machine but once you learn the E-trac you can tweek it for jewelry as well and the E-Trac is a turn on and go machine and very easy to set for your style of hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread