Interesting Place to Hunt

tw656

Jan 13, 2007
My wife was dragging me to one of her family jamborees. I was not very interested untill I found out it was located in Ijamsville MD. (lots of history, including civil war battles right near by) The owner has an old barn and the original house foundation in his back yard. Still has the kitchen floor and fireplace. The barn dates back to about 1811 and the house foundation even older. So, when we packed to go, I threw my MD on top of all the kids stuff in the van. Had a little chat with the owner and he was telling me about some of the cool stuff he found in the barn. He has not MDed there at all but is interested. He has 5 acres. Problem is, he's made nearly all of it his yard. So, I could not just did up every beep in his yard. Only got to hunt maybe an hour, as I had to make all the rounds meeting all the relatives. Some were into digging and antiques, so was interesting. Any way only one interesting find. Its some sort of little cup or candle holder. One guy said it was victorian from late 1800s to the early 1900's. Anyway, tomorrow Ill clean it a bit and post a pic. Maybe someone here can help me ID it. The handle broke, which I did find, and has a cool litte head on it. And there was one other small piece missing. Im still pretty new to MDing so it was fun to find something besides a modern quarter.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

tw656

Jan 13, 2007
Heres a couple pics. The item looks like it was painted white. Its not cleaned very well yet. Any help in IDing would be apprieciated.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 212
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 208
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 212
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg