Just curious - what's your "silver to other stuff" ratio?

TrpnBils

Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mine is a good bit higher than I thought. I keep a spreadsheet of my "keeper coins" just for my own amusement and records. I keep wheats but don't include them in my spreadsheet, I count tokens but don't count them toward my year-end goal (same with foreign). I entered a merc I found today and was surprised to see that, although I don't feel like i find much silver, it's about a 2:1 ratio of "other keepers" to silver for me. This is why I like keeping records...it gives me numbers to look at and goals to reach!

Attachments

• Totals.JPG
    Totals.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 92
Upvote 0

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago it was a lot higher, all I was hunting were really old properties, but lately it's nothing, I don't go out often, and don't have access to the kind of properties I use to since I moved to GA...Maybe eventually with more contacts that will change..

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
Never did divide the big number into the little number to be precise, but its a heck of a lot bigger than it was 40 years ago ;)

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I never thought about keeping score. I honestly enjoy just the hunt.

If I were to guess, around 500:1. That's what I like to believe in the face of contrary evidence. 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread