Carrot or Nokta. Which one for snorkeling.

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Going to Cozumel in about 6 weeks, and we will be snorkeling, and I will be scuba diving. I have a Garrett Carrot and a Nokta Waterproof pinpointer.

Now I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to use either for scuba diving, but which one (if they will work at all) would you recommend to use for shallow water snorkeling? Shallow enough to touch the bottom.

Want to take the AT, but to much hassle on this trip.

Thanks

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neither, I'd get the VibraProbe 580.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had problems with the carrot under water. The black plastic over the button is no longer water proof if you have used it vigorously on land as I have. It stayed waterproof for about 100 days and failed. I had it fixed and same problem again. Easiest is to silicone around the button on the seam where the plastic splits.

OP
OP
digger460

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
I have had problems with the carrot under water. The black plastic over the button is no longer water proof if you have used it vigorously on land as I have. It stayed waterproof for about 100 days and failed. I had it fixed and same problem again. Easiest is to silicone around the button on the seam where the plastic splits.

Thanks for the tip!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions