Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went metal detecting today which wasn't planned I just happen to be driving and saw a long stretch of old oak trees and an old neighborhood so of course I had to stop. I proceeded to pull out the old metal detector and take seven steps from my truck and head and 85 3 inches deep. Out pops this Beautiful silver quarter 1930s. My imagination went to 100 miles an hour and I thought I was gonna find silver for days. Needless to say that was the only silver I found for 3 hours. I am humbly back in reality.
c6cfc71f8e608e7b7beae485e1b6c4fc.jpg

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice score! :skullflag:

beendetected

May 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went metal detecting today which wasn't planned I just happen to be driving and saw a long stretch of old oak trees and an old neighborhood so of course I had to stop. I proceeded to pull out the old metal detector and take seven steps from my truck and head and 85 3 inches deep. Out pops this Beautiful silver quarter 1930s. My imagination went to 100 miles an hour and I thought I was gonna find silver for days. Needless to say that was the only silver I found for 3 hours. I am humbly back in reality.
c6cfc71f8e608e7b7beae485e1b6c4fc.jpg

I'm more humble than all of you lot combined ;-)

Sent by carrier pigeon

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know, I've only found 1 silver quarter EVER. Metal detecting does make you humble. Between the sweating or the freezing, the stares of non believes, or the police, the lack of restroom facilities (or an appropriate bush) for 500 miles, the creaks, groans, pains, arthritis, getting down, getting up, getting caught in a rainstorm, almost getting chomped by a snake, spider, mosquito, jellyfish or noseeum, being asked by the 800th child what you're finding, being mistaken for an "old man", or worse, a bag lady looking for lunch money, falling in your hole at the beach,with people watching and finding out the "gold coin" is a recent fake, aka you finally saw the word "copy" on it, yup, you're right, it's a humbling experience. Makes me want to call out sick tomorrow and zip down to the beach!

USMC Reaper

May 23, 2015
Abbeville, S.C.
Detector(s) used
MineLab CTX 3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Humility is not a leadership trait! Wise words spoken to me by an outstanding Infantry Colonel. Nice find!

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
It does have a tendency to make a person kneel.

Or, humble to humiliated in the flash of a foil wad!

It's like self-flagellation. I love it! :headbang:

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You know, I've only found 1 silver quarter EVER. Metal detecting does make you humble. Between the sweating or the freezing, the stares of non believes, or the police, the lack of restroom facilities (or an appropriate bush) for 500 miles, the creaks, groans, pains, arthritis, getting down, getting up, getting caught in a rainstorm, almost getting chomped by a snake, spider, mosquito, jellyfish or noseeum, being asked by the 800th child what you're finding, being mistaken for an "old man", or worse, a bag lady looking for lunch money, falling in your hole at the beach,with people watching and finding out the "gold coin" is a recent fake, aka you finally saw the word "copy" on it, yup, you're right, it's a humbling experience. Makes me want to call out sick tomorrow and zip down to the beach!

Classic!!! We are sick. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm from New Orleans and the gold doubloon 6" down has given me mini heartaches...in the rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beendetected

May 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Do NOT call me "Sir".. I work for a living!" (my staff sergeant).

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
A humbling sport this is....

I can not tell you how many times, probably six or more, that the first hole has a silver coin in it... and the next 200 holes do not! I usually give up after 8 or 10 hours and head home with my one Merc!

It's all good, I tell people that I enjoy the hunt, not the finds (lie).

Nice quarter! Congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread