Digging coins out of somone's plugs?

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
The strangest experience happened at the park today. I hunt it whenever I have a couple hours and am there frequently.

I hit and recovered coins from more than a dozen brown plugs today. Everything from nickels to quarters. Some right on the side wall standing on edge, others another 1/2" deeper than the plug, and others in the grass roots.... something in every plug! Some plugs mere feet apart.

Planted, or somebody new with a toy grade machine, or?

It was surreal. I kept looking to see if someone was filming or something.

What is going on here? :icon_scratch:

Upvote 0

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess you didn't find much after our BFOs sounded off over every piece of metal and we dug and removed all targets! Dang there was a lot of cool stuff in the ground around here back then!! I've gone back to a lot of those old honey holes with modern machines and we didn't miss much with those BFOs.

I just found the gold and silver... seems your detectors were busy cleaning the trash for me :P

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just found the gold and silver... seems your detectors were busy cleaning the trash for me :P

No way, Jose!! Pockets full of silver, heck it was only six years since the demise of the American silver coin, little clad was found. Pull tabs were just invented, not many of those around, it was steel bottle caps that were a nuisance, and the aluminum screw caps hadn't yet been invented. A BFO sounds off to gold too, maybe better on gold chains than a modern VLF, found plenty of those too, and they sounded off big time even if the chain was open. Never underestimate the depth and sensitivity of the BFO, although I also picked up police radio transmissions with it.

perry2

Jan 1, 2013
Bradford, NH
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What upsets me most about this post is that you could find "brown" plugs in the turf/// If you follow me I don't think you can find one plug in 10 an hour or 4 days after I was there // Perry

PS: I was working a soccer field last Wed. and a maint. guy comes over and starts giving me hell--I said Whoa// I just dig 3 coins behind me// can you show me where ??--He calmed down and told me some guy dug a bug plug-thru in his 2 used batteries --half covered it and went on--hard to stop stupid//// Perry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread