What Can I Get For 1/4 Of A Cent?

Driftwoood

Mar 31, 2016
Schoharie County, NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen cut silver, but this is a new one for me. I found it at an old home site in the woods near my home.
DSCN0878.JPG
DSCN0879.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Driftwoood

Driftwoood

Mar 31, 2016
Schoharie County, NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a darn shame!

I don't know... it seems that I find quite a few Large Cents, but maybe this kind of thing is a more rare piece of history? It really says something about the value of a cent in those days!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool find - Congrats! :occasion14:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know... it seems that I find quite a few Large Cents, but maybe this kind of thing is a more rare piece of history? It really says something about the value of a cent in those days!

Yes, and at a time when we are so close to following Canada's example of doing away with cents altogether! :BangHead:

Wife and I have been watching some older movies on DVD lately. Is amazing how, within our lifetimes, you could actually buy a very good, used car for $200. A clunker was anything under $50. Just this evening, we watched Stir Crazy - a 1983 movie, and filmed in New York. We were commenting on the gas prices then of $1.43/gallon, while down in south Texas, we were paying about $0.60-0.75/gallon. ...And yet we keep hearing that there is no inflation! :BangHead:

OP
OP
Driftwoood

Driftwoood

Mar 31, 2016
Schoharie County, NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, and at a time when we are so close to following Canada's example of doing away with cents altogether! :BangHead:

Wife and I have been watching some older movies on DVD lately. Is amazing how, within our lifetimes, you could actually buy a very good, used car for $200. A clunker was anything under $50. Just this evening, we watched Stir Crazy - a 1983 movie, and filmed in New York. We were commenting on the gas prices then of $1.43/gallon, while down in south Texas, we were paying about $0.60-0.75/gallon. ...And yet we keep hearing that there is no inflation! :BangHead:

No inflation?! I thought that inflation was the whole point of debasing our currency. Save your nickels!

JeremiahEdward

Aug 7, 2016
Williamsport, Pa
Detector(s) used
Nokta Velox One, Makro Racer(Red), Garret AT Pro, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would like to buy it. I'm prepared to offer you 1/8 of a cent for it. If you accept I'll start sharpening my blades. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread