Your Picks: Five Best Metal Detectors Under $1,000.00

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

roygpa

Mar 5, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Sunray X-1, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+ Garrett AT-Pro, Fisher F5, Fisher F2, 2- Garrett Pro Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many people here would buy the F75 without the screen??? I wouldnt even consider buying a Deus without the remote.....But i wouldnt buy a v6 Mustang either.....just me.

pen

Apr 7, 2015
Ardmore, AL
Detector(s) used
Deus, AT Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many people here would buy the F75 without the screen??? I wouldnt even consider buying a Deus without the remote.....But i wouldnt buy a v6 Mustang either.....just me.

You actually get the small display of the WS4's

pen

Apr 7, 2015
Ardmore, AL
Detector(s) used
Deus, AT Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Capture.JPG
It's on the side of your head....so how do you see it?

zilx

Greenie
May 12, 2016
Panama City Beach, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you could always upgrade at a later point if you don't have the budget to spend the dough on the package that comes with the remote. that is a big plus in my book. :)

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
It's on the side of your head....so how do you see it?

Fortunately, it's a tone machine and the VDI is somewhat unreliable, so one doesn't need to see it.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK YOU DEUS DUDES, chill out and let's get the thread back on topic - THANKS! :icon_thumleft:

downpeta

Sep 16, 2016
Chillicothe, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Tesoro Tejon, Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
List the five new metal detectors you would purchase from one of Treasurenet’s Supporting Sponsors for UNDER $1,000.00 each. To participate in the thread, list FIVE new metal detectors that cost LESS than $1,000.00 on any Sponsor's site :icon_thumright:

My Picks

Minelab Safari; Fisher CZ3d; Minelab 705; Garrett AT Pro; Tesoro Tejon

Fisher CZ3D, Fisher Gold Bug II, Tesoro Tejon, Garrett 2500 GTI and Minelab Safari.

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All my machines are low end but good, my top five for under a grand are. Nokta Fors Core, Teknetics Gamma or Omega, Minelab Safari, pure value water machine with multi frequency that can be made great with a few optimizations, Whites BHID.

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex, Nokta Makro PulseDive, Whites Bullseye TRX, Teknetics Tek-Point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisher F75, Teknetics T2 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics Omega 8500

Last edited:

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
T2, Fisher F75, Gold Bug Pro, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro!

pinpointer999

Aug 22, 2015
Saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 Ltd.
Fisher CZ21
Fisher CZ6a
Makro CF77
Minelab Musketeer XS
Whites DFX
Whites MX5
Whites IDX Pro (Mr. Bill mod.)
White's 5900/di Pro Plus (Keith Southern mod)
White's 6000/di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisher CZ-3D
Fisher GB Pro, 2coil combo
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Outlaw
Nokta FORS CoRe Pro Pack

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Nokta FORS CORE, Tesoro Tejon, and the Fisher F19

I'd love to include a good Minelab Machine, but the price/performance curve is steep.
I'd love to include the XP Deus, but you really can't buy everything you need to make it a usable detector, for under 1K

jwp1964

Dec 18, 2014
Maryville, TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus Lite, Garrett Freedom Ace Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd love to include the XP Deus, but you really can't buy everything you need to make it a usable detector, for under 1K

Lol, I'll try to remember that the next time I'm out with my Deus Lite that I got for way less than a $1000. I just can't find a thing lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol, I'll try to remember that the next time I'm out with my Deus Lite that I got for way less than a $1000. I just can't find a thing lol.

AGAIN, take your Deus arguments to the Deus thread, Try to stay on topic people. I know it's hard, but TRY and show your intelligence by actually CONTRIBUTING to this thread.

THANK YOU ALL! :occasion14:

jwp1964

Dec 18, 2014
Maryville, TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus Lite, Garrett Freedom Ace Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AGAIN, take your Deus arguments to the Deus thread, Try to stay on topic people. I know it's hard, but TRY and show your intelligence by actually CONTRIBUTING to this thread.

THANK YOU ALL! :occasion14:

Try to show your intelligence by noting that I did list 5 machines with no commentary earlier in the thread. I know reading comprehension and memory are hard for some. ..

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
OK, I'll say the Minelab Safari and Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, which I have, and the ones I considered to buy are the Teknetics T2, And the Garrett AT Pro and AT Gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread