cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will probably never be totally accurate due to different soil conditions at your various detecting sites. To get it close in depth readings and I.D. numbers at depth in your test soil, add a bit of fertilizer to the coin. It will simulate a coin that's been in the ground much longer by attacking the metal and leaching some of it into the soil, which is what happens to most coins over time. This also causes a slightly larger target and alters the I.D. numbers a bit, which is also something that can happen to coins that have been in the ground for decades.

cjweber

Sep 26, 2016
Missouri (for now)
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, and that damned old Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have a test garden, but I do have a set of fiduciaries that I use to verify what I am seeing, even if the depth isn't an accurate factor... I have a bunch of encapsulated coins and misc pieces of metal... silver dime, clad dime, copper penny, zinc penny, 1/10th oz gold eagle, pull tab, and a washer... helps familiarize beginners with different sounds and readings...

Illinirelics

Greenie
Sep 12, 2016
West central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites classic II garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have a test garden, but I do have a set of fiduciaries that I use to verify what I am seeing, even if the depth isn't an accurate factor... I have a bunch of encapsulated coins and misc pieces of metal... silver dime, clad dime, copper penny, zinc penny, 1/10th oz gold eagle, pull tab, and a washer... helps familiarize beginners with different sounds and readings...

What is "a set of fiduciaries" in this context? I mean, I am one in my profession but I don't know what that means here?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread