And I am convinced, yet again, that cornfields are among the best spots to detect!

The Silverslingers

Apr 12, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro; White's VX3, MXT All Pro, Treasure Pro, Treasuremaster, MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back! I've missed your videos.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man you guys kill it. I have never found anything descent in a corn field.

Tradertom

Jul 20, 2016
South Central Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, XP DEUS, AT PRO plus several older detector going back 45 years.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess I gota try a cornfield.
Great finds!

woodstock

Feb 7, 2008
The Great Northwoods
Detector(s) used
F 75 Ltd ~ And many others
Well all I can add to this thread is good hunting places can be where you least expect them and you either have to research the areas to find what they were before the cornfield or park etc . I've found out many times that todays looks are deceiving . I discovered a old Chinese workers camp in a old Illinois Park . I made many nice older coin finds in other parks by looking at pictures from the past showing where people gathered that were let to grow over that were relocated because of land wear and tear . And there once was a turn of the centery park/fair grounds that later became a cornfield again in Northern Illinois . You really have to understand the past of the area and do research . If people were there before ... they left stuff behind . IMHO , Woodstock

Steve Ia

Aug 22, 2010
Here in Iowa we have corn and soybean fields. There are always good sites to hunt in both, but those cornfields with their tall stubble can sure be a pain to detect in. Here, the bean fields if cut short, and they usually are is like detecting on a mowed lawn. Easy swinging. Of course if I were getting the finds you're getting I'm pretty sure I could suffer through the stubble.

OP
OP
The Silverslingers

The Silverslingers

Apr 12, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro; White's VX3, MXT All Pro, Treasure Pro, Treasuremaster, MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get lucky in most of ours, but it's because they belong to farms that have been around since the mid to late 1700's....i try to research beforehand how old the field is. Of course if they are surrounded by old stone walls, i am all over it :)
Happy hunting!
Man you guys kill it. I have never found anything descent in a corn field.

OP
OP
The Silverslingers

The Silverslingers

Apr 12, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess I gota try a cornfield.
Great finds!

Thank you! I love digging those fields, especially in the spring when the stalks are gone (they are pesky!). Best of luck to you!

OP
OP
The Silverslingers

The Silverslingers

Apr 12, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detect it and they will come. I mean the finds not the baseball players.

Most definitely!! My favorite coin find ever, a 4 real from 1773 in unbelievable condition, came right from the field next to this one. Been hooked ever since :)

OP
OP
The Silverslingers

The Silverslingers

Apr 12, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VERY true!! We also research our fields extensively, but for the most part they were actually cornfields all the way back in the 1700's...which meant people harvesting them by hand and losing things or homesites along the edge. I absolutely love researching sites! How awesome is it that you discovered an old Chinese camp site! Very cool, and goes to show how smart research pays off. Happy hunting to you and thank you for sharing your advice!

Well all I can add to this thread is good hunting places can be where you least expect them and you either have to research the areas to find what they were before the cornfield or park etc . I've found out many times that todays looks are deceiving . I discovered a old Chinese workers camp in a old Illinois Park . I made many nice older coin finds in other parks by looking at pictures from the past showing where people gathered that were let to grow over that were relocated because of land wear and tear . And there once was a turn of the centery park/fair grounds that later became a cornfield again in Northern Illinois . You really have to understand the past of the area and do research . If people were there before ... they left stuff behind . IMHO , Woodstock

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions