Maiden Excal voyage

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I finally got a free moment to get out with my new Excalibur II today. I also got to try out my new T-Rex scoop with Raptor handle, man that thing is a beast! Also, my Son joined me today (He too has a F-70).

Went to a very heavily used beach and detected in knee deep to just above waist line. Water clarity was terrible so knowing where to place my scoop was tough going. Detector is kind of heavy and water resistance definitely wears on you. I have already looked into changing out the stock shaft but wanted to try it first. I was detecting in PP and switching to Disc to learn the machine and how it reacts to different targets. I also dug all signals just to see???

No great finds, a little pocket change, tons of trash (People are horrible). Bagged the water thing after a couple hours and went to a Ball park that I wanted to detect. Used my F-70 at the park, the Excal for me at least is too cumbersome for land detecting.

The best part of my trip was being with my son for some quality time. He is getting married in a week and needed to get out and ENJOY some brain dead peace and quite.

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great_find.gif
Thanks for sharing your water MD'ng experience - nothing like spending quality time with your kids. Congrat's on your son's upcoming wedding. Thanks for sharing...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get a straight shaft for it, improves the balance immensely, consider using a harness, it allows you to let go of detector and it hangs right by your side controls up, coil down, this allows you to use 2 hands on the scoop in the water when needed to recover target before next swell.... Add a lift handle to the scoop.

_________________________Tapatalk Signature_________________________

DT2016

OP
OP
fish1on

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get a straight shaft for it, improves the balance immensely, consider using a harness, it allows you to let go of detector and it hangs right by your side controls up, coil down, this allows you to use 2 hands on the scoop in the water when needed to recover target before next swell.... Add a lift handle to the scoop.

_________________________Tapatalk Signature_________________________

DT2016

I already have the raptor lift handle for my scoop, works great. I also have a harness that I may try out thanks for the tip and reminding me that i already have one. Didn't need it with the F-70 so it went into the closet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread