Primary Interest:
Other

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Lesson learned. Never hit a park ranger with your digger.

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Softly plays taps*

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Can I heat both ends up with torches and stick it together?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I am sorry but that will not work. If you do not own a little crack jack welding machine then I would say take it in to a shop and get it welded. I am sure that would not cost more than 10 bucks to do.

Got any of those cheap shady looking muffler shops around. Go there just before lunch time and ask the first monkey you see in the garage. He will look at that like lunch money, and I doubt charges over ten bucks for the 30 second repair.

Just do not heat up both ends and try to stick them together, first it is not going to work and second if you slip then you will get to post something on the injury page, and where that may certainly be a first here it is not exactly a banner post. Plus it is going to hurt like heck too and maybe even get you to say some words you normally would not say in a jumbled phrase that really would not make any sense.

Sorry for your loss dude, happened to me before too, happened to my son, my wife and a few others I know.. The breaking that is.

ucvrelics.com

Nov 3, 2014
Birmingham Al
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75LTD
Nautilus DMC 2b 15 inch head
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That Sucks, but it did send me a mental note, we all backup machines but who has a backup shovel. I'll be putting a spare in my truck in the morning.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No I am sorry but that will not work. If you do not own a little crack jack welding machine then I would say take it in to a shop and get it welded. I am sure that would not cost more than 10 bucks to do.

Got any of those cheap shady looking muffler shops around. Go there just before lunch time and ask the first monkey you see in the garage. He will look at that like lunch money, and I doubt charges over ten bucks for the 30 second repair.

Just do not heat up both ends and try to stick them together, first it is not going to work and second if you slip then you will get to post something on the injury page, and where that may certainly be a first here it is not exactly a banner post. Plus it is going to hurt like heck too and maybe even get you to say some words you normally would not say in a jumbled phrase that really would not make any sense.

Sorry for your loss dude, happened to me before too, happened to my son, my wife and a few others I know.. The breaking that is.

I'm gonna do that. Lol

Tradertom

Jul 20, 2016
South Central Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, XP DEUS, AT PRO plus several older detector going back 45 years.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If all else fails make sure you give it a proper burial.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i agree with OddJob.

Heck, for the cost of a new shovel, you could go BUY a 90amp welder from harbor freight, weld it back...and then you have a new shovel AND a welder.

I recently re-welded my old Lesche Digger with the above mentioned wire-fed flux core welder. I'd already bought a new one because when it broke, I ran out of flux core wire, and it was easier to buy one online than go buy more wire, LOL. Now, though, the old one, works as good as new. Felt a bit silly, since I'd already bought a new one. But now.. I have TWO!

And besides that... Welding is freaking FUN.

Skippy

And it just so happened that they opened a harbor freight a mile away from my house yesterday. LOL

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800