Winter has hit Idaho

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yup...got down to -16 down here. Only +16 last night, though.....a real warm spell...LOL I lived in Pullman in the early '70's. The first week of December, in 1972, it was -29 at Lewiston. I've got pictures of us walking around on the ice on the Grande Ronde...it was frozen solid from bank to bank.
Jim

Last edited:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in Boise/Meridian... I'm hitting tubing hills while my son is sledding, but it's slim pickings, and wicked cold. I completely worked the hill in November, though, to ensure any signals I find are fresh drops and don't require digging. The last hour of detecting I did, I managed two dimes, and 5 pennies, and a couple of kid pendants. It never ceases to amaze me that people will drop stuff ALL the time!

I'm sure looking forward to two weeks After Christmas. The tot-lot tour of the second full school week of the year, typically yields quite a bit of jewelry from the lots. Typically, I find silver, too. :) Love those Christmas presents they leave for me!

Cheers,

Skippy

U go Skippy! You are truly sick with this disease called "metal detecting"...lol...stay bundled up and post some of that winter silver for us! Ddf

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bummer! Temps are in the 40's here but have that all day drizzle...finished up some shopping and WILL get out 2moro to do some detecting after the kiddies rip n tear open that stuff we spent hours wrapping..lol..good luck Skippy, and I hope to post some xmas silver myself..ddf

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Temp here in south east Texas today reach 80F (12/28/16) and we are expecting a small cold front in tomorrow - anyway I could not survive in extreme low temperatures and heavy snow, we sometimes will get a good freeze but mostly I will be able to detect year round. Good luck to you in the northern states.

Texas ED

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Temp here in south east Texas today reach 80F (12/28/16) and we are expecting a small cold front in tomorrow - anyway I could not survive in extreme low temperatures and heavy snow, we sometimes will get a good freeze but mostly I will be able to detect year round. Good luck to you in the northern states.

Texas ED

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wifes relatives live in Idaho and Oregon and they all say its very cold. :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread