boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've read some posts from other guys who have beeped the edges of the giant plow piles in parking lots....
Maybe you could check those out, and I suppose that the hunt would change daily as the snow melts.

Let me know how that goes....
If I don't respond, it's because, well..... I'm busy....detecting.....in the heat.....and sunshine....with beers....:tongue3:
Dang it Dave!! Now you've got me thinking I need to get in the closet and dig out my long pants........... Thanks buddy!!!!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Skippy,

You're not going to let a bit of snow stop you from detecting are you....lol.
Jan 1 managed to find a ring for a fellow who lost it in the snow cleaning off his car.....dig on...

Regards + HH

Bill

Attachments

• DSC02366.JPG
    DSC02366.JPG
    386.7 KB · Views: 46

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1398344

It hasn't snowed like this here since the Mid-1980s! Global Warming has skipped my town. ARRRGGGHH!

I think the snow will take until May to actually melt. There's a pile of it over 4' high from shoveling off the driveway... It's now over a foot deep and it's not supposed to let up for DAYS.

Where are you blasted SUN. Even when it's supposed to finally stop, it's only going to be 5 degrees outside. I'm crying...

Last year at this time, I was digging in a balmy 40 degrees. Sure there was a dusting of snow, here or there, but that just helped me see my grid! The ground wasn't even frozen!

Youtube has even run out of new stuff for me to get my fix on. I've resorted to buying accessories for my son's metal detector to pass the time... *Sigh*

Waaaaa!! I'm setting here right now with a wind chill of -19. Yesterday we had 14" of new snow on top of the 6" on the ground.....yes, Skippy, I feel yer pain!!
002.JPG 016.JPG

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I know. We're all getting slammed here in the Pacific NW. I've got a buddy in Corvallis, Oregon, who told me it's blizzard conditions, there, today.

Definitely some moisture coming down the pipe! I keep thinking though, this won't last forever... this won't last forever.... this won't last forever.

I'm going to just have to up the sensitivity on the coil, I guess. :)

Click your heels together and keep saying it, Skippy!!:laughing7:

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've read some posts from other guys who have beeped the edges of the giant plow piles in parking lots....
Maybe you could check those out, and I suppose that the hunt would change daily as the snow melts.

Let me know how that goes....
If I don't respond, it's because, well..... I'm busy....detecting.....in the heat.....and sunshine....with beers....:tongue3:

I've heard, find out where they are dumping the snow and detect it in the Spring....

Gravitytester

Feb 29, 2016
Navarre, Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine lab Excalibur I, Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are supposed to get hit with a massive 3 inches tonight. Not sure if anyone will survive. By last night all the milk and bread was missing from the stores. Next weekend will be back in the 60's, probably head to the beach and do a little hunting then. You guys have fun with those things you call a snow shovel, seen them in books but never had one. LOL

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minus 29 with the wind chill this morning....I would much rather put up with this than tornados, hurricanes etc.

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I grew up on the Great Plains, and we had a few days where it was -20 without windchill and with it was crazy cold. All I remember is that we were told to stay inside and not go out for longer than 60 seconds.

So, when Mom and Dad left, we we all get our hair wet, then run outside and time it for 40 seconds, while holding our hair straight up (this worked wayyy better with my sister's hair), and then we'd run back in. Our hair would be frozen solid in whatever shape we held it in. It was wicked fun. We could throw steaming water in the air, and it would freeze before it hit the ground (in the wind, anyway).

THAT was cold. This -5 stuff we're experiencing today, with almost no humidity and completely sunny? It's like Like Jacket weather. LOL

Okay, that is a funny story :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread