Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since I'm sending my ATP for cracked posts that fasten to the shaft and BOTH pinpointers to Garrett to get fixed I had to get a 2nd. Fisher F75 LTD with the Sun Ray FX-1 pinpointer. Took it to the a IMG_1559.JPG park to play with it for the first time. I hit a 1918 wheatie 7" down. I hope this one brings me some good luck in 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice! Good find. I've heard good things about the Fisher F75. I was planning on buying a couple (for me and my son), but we ended up with two Garrett AT Pros instead.

Hope you have a blast with it.

Cheers!

Skippy

Yeah Skippy I had to send my ATP and BOTH of Garrett pin pointers to Garrett. Now that's bad luck soooo I had to get a 2nd. IMG_1560.JPG

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you find the probe easy to use? I have one and only use it now if both pin pointers are down. Glad to see you got it put together.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you find the probe easy to use? I have one and only use it now if both pin pointers are down. Glad to see you got it put together.

You're right it o....k...I'd much rather my hand held pin pointers. I can't wait till they come back from Garrett.

rtp_guy

Jan 22, 2014
Durham, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Gold Monster 1000
Minelab CTX 3030
Fischer Gold Bug 2
Garrett AT Gold
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's MX5
Titan 9000
Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah Skippy I had to send my ATP and BOTH of Garrett pin pointers to Garrett. Now that's bad luck soooo I had to get a 2nd. View attachment 1402622

Out of curiosity, why did you end up having to send the ATP & Pin Pointers back? I just prepared a box to ship back both of my Garrett Carrots, and have been strongly considering sending in my AT-Gold. The Carrots are both behaving erratically, going crazy over a handful of dirt, then finding nothing once spread out. They never acted this way before (about 20 month old). I have a bit of a similar situation with the AT-Gold. It used to perform reliably, but now it is constantly hitting targets that seem to not exist. I've done a careful cleaning of the unit and all connections, as well as purchased a new coil cover. I should probably go ahead and send the Gold in as well. Your story may help me decide. Thanks in advance!

john819

Jan 17, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go on u tub they show you how to ground balance the garrett pro-pointer

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's why I have three Garrett AT Pro Pointeres. LOL

I sent mine in, and my son's was in his hand. I couldn't stand being without one, so I bought a third for the family. LOL We also have a third detector now, too, since I decided it would be bad idea to sell the ACE350... I want a backup rig.

Skippy

I give it up for the old-timers who did it for years and years without a pin pointer. It's work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread