Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I swear, as soon as I saw the beach I stopped hyperventilating and heart rate dropped. The unknown tremor in my hands disappeared, but I still can't hear out of that left ear. Had a great day in the surf in mostly 4-5 ft water digging deep targets. I almost didn't believe my eyes when I looked in the very first scoop and saw this HUGH Men's ring staring back at me. I think it must weight about a pound.
20170117_180917.jpg
The ring is in the shape of a belt buckle - first one I've seen. It also had what appears to be a large "C" with something (2 swans?) inside.
20170117_181507.jpg
Have to clean it up more. Had, of course, hoped for gold and diamonds, but this $15 ring (est) really rang my bell! Set my mood for the rest of the day. Also found this interesting small 2" blade knife, stainless steel and plastic holder. Have no idea what it could be used for, perhaps something with cleaning fish?
20170117_181625.jpg
Although I didn't find much the rest of the day I savored every minute in the surf and sun. There were dolphins 100 yards away . An Osprey snagged a fish right in front of me. Metal detecting is good for the soul (just don't expect to make a living at it).

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lawrence, on that knife, I have one very similar if not the same. It has a belt clip and nylon cord. you can either clip it to you belt or hang it around your neck. I bought it as a hidden "Neck Knife" for carrying under t-shirts, etc. should just snap in and out of the sheath held in by a small screw head and an indentation in the sheath or something similar. Think I paid about $25.00 for it. Nice little knife and mine has held up well. Looks like a nice hunt so congrats!:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread