Recommendations on my future detector purchase

ChaseJax

Nov 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in the market for a new detector.
I will be using it on dry land in Florida... I will NOT be using it at the beach as I have a beach specific detector for that.
I've been heavily leaning towards the AT PRO or AT GOLD and since I will NOT be using it at the beach wonder if the AT gold would be best for me but am open to any suggestions so I can research different brands further.
So again this detector would be used solely in Florida dry land no salt water no beaches.

Guess it'd be for parks, playgrounds and any old locations I can come across. My budget is around 600.

Thanks in advance to everyone's opinions and advice.

Any links to any specific good deals would also be appreciated!!

Upvote 0

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AT Pro is a great choice. Love mine.

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If your used to the beach and digging everything. I would lean towards the Gold with 18 khz. They did come with the 5x8" which is plenty deep for parks and much better balanced.
If you plan to discriminate out the trash use the Pro.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd go with the gold if I were looking for jewelry on land... that's what I should have done instead of grabbing what I could get in stock locally. The Pro is good but better features on the Gold IMO.

Why can't your current machine detect on land?

What do you use now?

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out whites mx sport too, florida can be wet depending where your at. and this thing is an at pro killer.

cruiserkev

Jan 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
X3 - AT Gold! I find lots of great things with mine. The all metal mode and threshold options are well worth the added cost. Contrary to popular belief you can use the Gold on saltwater beaches if you stay out of the water, adjust it properly and can do a little mental math; I use all metal mode, drop sensitivity to 3 or 4 bars and average out the erratic VDI numbers. It works pretty well this way and I found a nice Walker in wet sand at 10 inches down just the other day using this method. There are much better beach machines our there for sure but the Gold really is a great all purpose detector. Good luck! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions