Button ID

bufaloeletric

Oct 27, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Umax, Tesoro Outlaw, Garrett AT Max, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been awhile since I've been on here. I thought there was an ID forum but I can't seem to find it, so I apologize for posting here if that is the case. I found an old-style button(round) with just a flat front and small o-ring on back to attach to whatever. The front is corroded and on the back I can only read the letters "olour", and what appeared to be three plus signs "+" along the edge from what I can tell. Does anyone have any info so I might be able to date it? I do not have a pic, because I accidently left it in my buddie's vehicle. Thank you for your time.

Upvote 0

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's been awhile since I've been on here. I thought there was an ID forum but I can't seem to find it, so I apologize for posting here if that is the case. I found an old-style button(round) with just a flat front and small o-ring on back to attach to whatever. The front is corroded and on the back I can only read the letters "olour", and what appeared to be three plus signs "+" along the edge from what I can tell. Does anyone have any info so I might be able to date it? I do not have a pic, because I accidently left it in my buddie's vehicle. Thank you for your time.

You are describing a plain flat button. The backmark likely reads Rich Colour or Gold Colour or some similar combination. The button could date anywhere from the late 1700s to the mid 1800s with most falling in the 1820-1830 range.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread