Good day out with my Son

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today was to be a much needed time out fishing, magnet hunting, and metal detecting with my Son....

I had received Intel that one of the local marinas had open water so off My Son and I went. Upon arrival we soon learned to not trust everything you read on the internet! LOL

There was some open water but it was in weedy shallow water so we turned to the docks and broke thru the thin ice on the edges and bobbed our magnets up and down both sides. Bunch of fish hooks, jigs, nails, etc but no good or unusual finds.

After a bit of trash removal we decided to go to one of the community fishing ponds that stay open water year round due to bubblers installed in them. Worst case we could actually fish for trout and toss our magnets in if fishing was slow and no one else was there as to not disturb their fishing. Well the fishing was not so good and the area we were in was free and clear of other fisher folk. Out came the magnets and time to recover the goods. My Son worked a fishing dock and I did the shore toss. Second throw in my Kid pulled up a spent pair of pliers and I was getting rusty hooks on each retrieve. Again, nothing special or unique to share. This magnet hunting bit is going to be fun for sure, just need some better open water.

We decided to bag all this and finished up our day metal detecting a soggy wet park. I dug .62 cents and a bunch of junk and my son pulled out $1.08 winning the day for finds.

All in all it was one of my best days out this year. Nothing better than a nice sunny day and spending time with my Son whom I see very little anymore.

Upvote 0

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
how old is your son?

OP
OP
fish1on

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
how old is your son?

Not sure how it happened but he has had the same job since he was able to work (promoted twice), kept his nose clean, likes things that I like, and is recently married. I could not have asked for a better Son, I am so thankful.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know how dad's feel when the kids don't need you as much

OP
OP
fish1on

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We think we do OK raising them and often do but it is nice to feel they need ya from time to time. I think I need him more now, keeps me young (in my mind).

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i take it as a win if they are not living at home and able to stand on their own financially. As long as we talk or meet atleast quarterly life is good. The kids know where we live and that the door is always open.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad to read you got out with your son for some quality time. Best of luck to you both.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread