Beachcombers & How they Suck!

JoeB_OH

Dec 19, 2012
Cleveland , Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher F44, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Bounty Hunter Tracker 4.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone ever seen how they process All those Coins & Silver jewelry? That stuff used to be mine for the fun of detecting & Pocketing.. ;)

I know, my first summer was all beach fishin' (in 2010) & I took around $750.00 in clad, Several Silver & Gold rings, necklaces , pendants etc.
One year later, the Park system changed, Park Nazis, beach comber. Done, Only beach hunt from Sep. to Apr. They forced me to the ground. That's the best thing that ever happened! - I found the real Old stuff & the freedom I had!

I check the beaches here now & then, Nothing except Aluminum & trash. How do they process those beach coins though? Curious.

Upvote 0

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Lol! Often times I detect the long edge of their tracks and find coins the beach machines push to the side. HH!

OP
OP
J

JoeB_OH

Dec 19, 2012
Cleveland , Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher F44, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Bounty Hunter Tracker 4.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol! Often times I detect the long edge of their tracks and find coins the beach machines push to the side. HH!

I did that briefly & had few finds. They scrape the beach down here. I am curious how they - Process, unload the combing machine with the magnets & where it goes?

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just go when they are combing and watch. I was doing a seagull abatement job on a town beach last summer. I watched the machine work, then go across the road and dump in a pile near the parking area. According to the beach guy, the pile is later picked up by the town DPW to have the sand recycled and the seaweed/garbage disposed of. He told me to have at it, but I was too exhausted at the end of the day to do anything but look at it.

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck finding anything in that pile with all the tin foil and pull tabs.

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, detecting would've been a waste of time. A screen and a shovel was my plan if I ever get back there.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well I cover all the sand I can before the sun goes down
if you leave nothing the machine gets nothing

Top Member Reactions