First Detector mess up!

Jwilson534

Mar 2, 2017
Southeast ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So Wednesday morning I order my first ever detector and pay in full. They tell me it will ship out later that day and they will email me a tracking number. No email came yesterday and nothing today. So after work I call to get my tracking number and they tell me that on the shipping computer it was showing that it was paid. So they look it up and say, hmm yep right here...you paid in full...sry we will get that shipped out tomorrow. So now instead of getting it on Saturday I won't get it till like Tuesday, maybe Monday if I'm lucky. Normally I wouldn't be to bummed about it but this is my long weekend off work so if they would have shipped it when they were supposed to I could have maybe done some detecting Saturday and all day Sunday. But now I cant...really sucks this being my first time detecting and buying a new detector. Oh well I guess.

Upvote 0

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup.. wasn't a heart transplant.. you will be fine!

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like a sick day to me!

Brian Finder

Greenie
Feb 5, 2017
Southern Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This gives you a few more days of anticipation! I have had this happen to me before and it is disgusting. But if you get the unit you want
for the price you want it will be worth the wait.
Have fun, Brian

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's all about customer service. First Detector knows they messed up, so this is where real customer service should have stepped up. However, it just doesn't happen today like it did in yesteryear. Before retiring, I was in business for 38 years. My sermon all the time was "cement the customer". Do something out of the box and unexpected, every opportunity that presents itself.

An apology, and a free gift would have been in order. Or better yet, "overnight or two day shipping", their expense. Then you are their's forever.

Perhaps FD has it figured out and you get it Sat.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Hang in there Jwilson. I would download the manual (if you don't know how to get one - let me know), print it out and read it from cover to cover. I won (online auction) an antique S&W firearm, paid for it and (like you) wondered why I didn't get a tracking number. I waited three days and finally contacted them. They looked it up and said we are still waiting on a copy of your drivers license! I told them I sent it the same day and had the e-mail. They put me on hold for a minute - came back and said we found it and would ship out the firearm that day. It would obvious that they could care less. Unfortunately, that is the way it is in todays world and we just have to push through it. Anyway - you aren't alone - start reading up on your new puppy.

OP
OP
J

Jwilson534

Mar 2, 2017
Southeast ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well vern2 I wish that were so but I just called to make sure they were shipping it today and even got to talk to the guy who sold it to me and he apologized and said yes it was set to deliver today and I would get it by Wednesday. So no over night or anything.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all about customer service. First Detector knows they messed up, so this is where real customer service should have stepped up. However, it just doesn't happen today like it did in yesteryear. Before retiring, I was in business for 38 years. My sermon all the time was "cement the customer". Do something out of the box and unexpected, every opportunity that presents itself.

An apology, and a free gift would have been in order. Or better yet, "overnight or two day shipping", their expense. Then you are their's forever.

Perhaps FD has it figured out and you get it Sat.
Customer service, pride in your work? Both a lost art. Cashiers that can count past 10 without taking their shoes off? Rare breed....

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ordered Wednesday and received it on Friday. Barts Big Boys Hobbies folks. But yes it is always the worst waiting. Also know the tracking numbers are not always updated. But if you can get text alerts you will at least be home when it is delivered. If you have not read the manual, I would do so while watching You Tub videos. It will help. Also good time to research, make a test garden, buy accessory and such. This is tax season and every TDH is buying a detector right now, should have bought in January lol.

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at it this way now you can look at all the YouTube videos and become highly proficient by the time it arrives:headbang:

OP
OP
J

Jwilson534

Mar 2, 2017
Southeast ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Barts didn't have the detector I wanted. And I've been watching every vid I can find. Just playing the waiting game now...says it should be here on Tuesday but I work all week and my next day off isn't till Sunday so guess I'll get plenty of reading in.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
The waiting is never easy but it will be more exciting when it gets there? Best of luck with the new detector!

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Barts didn't have the detector I wanted. And I've been watching every vid I can find. Just playing the waiting game now...says it should be here on Tuesday but I work all week and my next day off isn't till Sunday so guess I'll get plenty of reading in.

If Bart didnt have it, you most likely didnt need it lol. Just kidding. What did you order?

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your purchase. Look forward to your finds.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Life is too short to sweat the small issues and they are all small issues when it isn't your health so don't lose any sleep over it, stress is bad for you, when it arrives enjoy your new detector..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread