Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By bowwinkles
  • 1 Post By Escape
  • 1 Post By bigscoop
  • 2 Post By chub

Thread: lets talk about Handles....

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Apr 2017
    Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
    487 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

lets talk about Handles....

I have a F75 and find it incredibly comfortable. I compared the F75s grip/ handle with my other detectors. Then I had a look on the net on other brands.
    Feel free to correct me or contribute . It seems the F75 and the XP deus are the only two brands with curved backs and fronts on the handle? (Curves facing toward the rear)
    The ctx appears to be curved while the xterra is straight.
    Most S rod designs like the ATP have a sausage grip thats fat in the middle.
    Whites tend to have a straight pistol grip and straight on the S rod.
    The green garrets seem to have a straight back with a curved forward front.
    The Nokta impact straight back and front curved towards the rear, the Nokta fors is different again.
    Tesoros are all s rod, cheaper ones have straight foam on shaft, others have bulging sausage type foam ( ATP style) they mostly super lightweight anyway..

I know someone who experiences carpel tunnel from extended sessions on the Racer 2 .

Is there a doctor in the house? I know there is such a difference in balance and coil weight between machines but from a carpel tunnel / orthopedic view is one better than the other? I have early onset osteo arthritis so dont want to make it even worse...

Thoughts or comments? Whats your preferred grip?
    No brand bashing please.

thanks
    Chub

Apr 2017
    487 times
    Ok, lets rather NOT talk about handles...

Chub

Nov 2012
    487 times
    I am partial to Colt 45's grip but Smith and Wesson also does well in that department. I can "handle" both.
    RobRieman likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2009
    1112 times
    Love Handles. Their very popular. Not to long ago I was being photographed. The photographer asked me to take out of my jacket whatever was in my pocket that was causing a bulge. Had to explain that there was nothing in my pocket. It was natural.
    RobRieman likes this.

Apr 2017
    487 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Escape View Post
    Love Handles. Their very popular. Not to long ago I was being photographed. The photographer asked me to take out of my jacket whatever was in my pocket that was causing a bulge. Had to explain that there was nothing in my pocket. It was natural.
    Did you experience carpel tunnel?
    Last edited by chub; May 19, 2017 at 11:48 AM.

us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    7880 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chub View Post
    I have a F75 and find it incredibly comfortable. I compared the F75s grip/ handle with my other detectors. Then I had a look on the net on other brands.
    Feel free to correct me or contribute . It seems the F75 and the XP deus are the only two brands with curved backs and fronts on the handle? (Curves facing toward the rear)
    The ctx appears to be curved while the xterra is straight.
    Most S rod designs like the ATP have a sausage grip thats fat in the middle.
    Whites tend to have a straight pistol grip and straight on the S rod.
    The green garrets seem to have a straight back with a curved forward front.
    The Nokta impact straight back and front curved towards the rear, the Nokta fors is different again.
    Tesoros are all s rod, cheaper ones have straight foam on shaft, others have bulging sausage type foam ( ATP style) they mostly super lightweight anyway..

I know someone who experiences carpel tunnel from extended sessions on the Racer 2 .

Is there a doctor in the house? I know there is such a difference in balance and coil weight between machines but from a carpel tunnel / orthopedic view is one better than the other? I have early onset osteo arthritis so dont want to make it even worse...

Thoughts or comments? Whats your preferred grip?
    No brand bashing please.

thanks
    Chub
    Years ago I shattered my neck, which resulted in all of the nerves in my right arm, wrist, hand and fingers to get crushed. Today I can still suffer from trigger wrist and loss of grip in my right hand when fatigued. And that is what it's really all about, "fatigue", and the only way to combat this fatigue is with a harness, period! The shape or style of grip won't help as fatigue is still going to be a factor. On the other hand, a harness will reduce the load quite a bit and allow for all day hunting without the strain and fatigue. I worked endlessly to create a perfectly balanced machine with a comfortable grip but it wasn't until I started using a harness that this fatigue factor was finally put to rest. Today I can easily hunt all day long even with the larger coils. Hope this helps.
    Sandman likes this.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

Apr 2017
    487 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bowwinkles View Post
    I am partial to Colt 45's grip but Smith and Wesson also does well in that department. I can "handle" both.
    Perhaps I can mount my detector on the top of the Smith and Wesson? Then when I find a target I can just blast it out, would be comfortable and save digging plugs. Also good for detecting in bear territory or those Ghetto tot lots. Call Garret and ask for the *Ace .357*...sales person "dont you mean the ace 350?".... "nope"...

Chub

us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    7687 times
    Metal Detecting
    I have osteoarthritis and Dupuytren's Contracture in my hands.

Both the wrapped shaft tube of my Minelab Musketeer and the "Pistol" grip of my F-75 are fine. The lightness and good balance of the F-75 make it much more comfortable for a long session.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

Nov 2012
    487 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chub View Post
    Perhaps I can mount my detector on the top of the Smith and Wesson? Then when I find a target I can just blast it out, would be comfortable and save digging plugs. Also good for detecting in bear territory or those Ghetto tot lots. Call Garret and ask for the *Ace .357*...sales person "dont you mean the ace 350?".... "nope"...

Chub
    The New Garrett MAX has a grip that we all could get use to and I could even handle one of them on my 44. Little bit much for the new Ace 357 though.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links