2 for 2 ? was not my day

wygold

May 21, 2016
Chula Vista, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Dual Pack
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So last week I was at a local city park and I was kicked out of the park by a city park employee, Not a problem that was Strike 1. Then yesterday I headed out to the beach hoping that I would find some good drops. Boy was I wrong, there were about 1/2 a dozen MDer's all at the same beach. But before everyone else showed up with their MD's, the high tide was coming in, and the place was jammed packed with beachgoers.

A half hour into my hunt I see this guy with his MD about 100 yards away from me and I wanted to introduce myself to him, That's just who I am. What I got was nothing I expected especially at a local beach. As I walked up to him with my MD in hand I get a target just as I was about to speak. This guy very dirty looking like he hasn't washed his clothes in a year, trash bags & junk dangling from his waist belt. He yells at me to get **** off of his beach and that he was the only one allowed to detect this beach.

In a shocking look I said "what?" Strike 2. He then goes "did you find anything" and I go "not yet"(although I had about a dollars worth of change and a handful of pull tabs in the bag) he proceeds to tell me to get the **** off of his beach and that anything I find belongs to him. WTF!!! Who the hell does this guy think he is, telling me to get the **** off his beach and that anything I find belongs to him. At that point all I wanted to do was to take my cheap worn down scoop(which by the way I need to replace real soon but I don't have the funds right now.) and bash him over his head and take his CTX3030 away from him just for threatening me and trying to kick me off of "HIS BEACH" which by the way wasn't his to claim and its a public place.

Well I decided it wasn't worth arguing with this filthy demented butt head and I walked the opposite direction leaving that target behind and continued to detect the dry near the main lifeguard tower. I had several people stop me asking what I was doing and I even showed a Asian lady who was intrigued as I dug up a target I showed her it was a penny. That's when I notice more MDer's showing up to the beach.

About another 30 minutes into my hunt that guy who told me to get **** off of his beach came up to me to apologize to me. He said that he thought that I was someone from some MD club and that they sent me out to the beach to find someones lost wedding ring. He states that the person who lost their ring ended up finding it in their car and not on the beach. Then he brags about how he made 50 bucks just walking around a small area of the beach for the couple who lost their wedding ring which was never lost in the first place. "The easiest 50 bucks I made" he said. In my mind I was thinking "So what, whoopty who Good for you, dip ****".

I really didn't accept his apology but I made a point that I wasn't who he thought I was and he goes on telling me that the local MD club SDcoinshooters along with some other organization IDK I think he said TheRingFinders and even Tony Eisenhower was out to get him and that they are all bunch of butt heads, he even started to naming more individuals from youtube calling them a bunch of nasty names. I let him be and continuing my hunt until I ran into another guy name Nate. We chatted for a minute and by the way Nate was a nice guy. I know that majority of MD'ers are nice people but I never expect someone like this filthy guy. Nate and I parted ways, then this filthy guy comes back up to me again, He told me his name and handed me his business card but I will not say his name on this forum. He goes on talking more about stupid stuff and asking me if this guy Nate was with SDcoinshooters. IDK I replied I just met him, now this idiot is starting to interrupt my hunt and basically trying to ruining my day.

I left that part of the beach and headed to another area. As I was walking thru the parking lot this kid was getting his MD out of his car. He asked me how's the beach, and I said "I didn't do to good some change here and there" This kid said I'm new at MD. I said "So was I, everyone is a newbie at one point or another". I was able to see that this kid was new at it, sporting a brand spanking new Ace 250, pin pointer and no sand scoop. I wished him all the best and that it gonna take a lot of practice. I'm still learning this hobby and my machine, So no I'm no expert.

IDK can I shoot 3 for 3 in getting booted or being tried to get booted for metal detecting? I don't want to jinks myself. All in all I didn't really have a horrible day and I didn't get to find anything cool or special. What I did get was that there is always going to be that odd ball person who will try at nothing to stop me or anyone else from being allowed to detect on public property. Off to more adventures far away from the evil. Oh by the way I am on youtube and I go by the name wygold's metal detecting adventures in case if anyone wanted to know. GL & HH to all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I wouldn't buy a lottery ticket, or even a dollar scratch off today, if I were you.
I always had hoped to come across an a hole like that, but it never seems to happen. It'll probably happen to me when I'm in my 80 ' s and when I'm too old to do facial rearrangements.

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, just sad - sorry you got your hunt harshed by a greedy sob -

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wygold, please remember we are a family friendly forum, watch the language.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the guy in question.......more than I really want to! Everyone I know hates the guy. He's been convicted of theft at least twice that I know of. A real dirt bag (figuratively and literally). Don't pay any attention to him. He lies about everything. We can talk about him at the club meeting tomorrow night if you like! It's probably time for another reminder about the guy.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the guy in question.......more than I really want to! Everyone I know hates the guy. He's been convicted of theft at least twice that I know of. A real dirt bag (figuratively and literally). Don't pay any attention to him. He lies about everything. We can talk about him at the club meeting tomorrow night if you like! It's probably time for another reminder about the guy.

I thought I had read about this guy here or some other forum!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not too many beach detectorists in the San Diego area haven't run across the guy. He's probably been mentioned on many different forums. His initials are M.S. I think he does more digging through trash cans than detecting. A total disgrace and black eye to our hobby.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And he owns a 3030? $$$

OP
OP
W

wygold

May 21, 2016
Chula Vista, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it would be for one of tonight's topics. I'm also sorry about the language I couldn't thank if another way to say it and I hope I didn't offend anyone.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
wygold, sorry to hear about your bizzare day. Glad you are the type who is nice and willing to chat with other md'rs on the beach. I think it's only polite to exchange an "any luck?, nice to meet you" type chit-chat when passing other beach md'rs.

As far as the San Diego park incident, was that a city or county run park ? Or state or fed park ? City and county parks there have no *specific* rules. The San Diego parks have been md'd ad-nausem. Me thinks you just ran into someone having a bad hair day. Best to pick .... uh ... "low traffic times" when doing manicured turf. Incidents like yours can happen, yet turn out to be nothing more than isolated flukes. Without knowing more about which park, and whether or not he had a specific rule to point to, it's hard to comment further.

I know the guy in question.......more than I really want to! ...

Cudamark, thanx for the added info. Yes we have one or two like that up here. You gotta be *real* careful around them.

OP
OP
W

wygold

May 21, 2016
Chula Vista, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hunting Grant Hill Park in Southeast San Diego neighborhood, not far from Sherman Hights and great views of the Coronado Bridge. A few days later someone else posted a video hunting the same park and found a lot of coins and some jewelry. Kinda makes me steam a bit but oh well.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's just a blighted city park. Been changed a bit over the years. I've hunted it many times over the last 30 years, but, I never found anything particularly good there. I've never even seen a park employee there, let alone been hassled by one. If I wasn't able to hunt that place ever again, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread