Newest huge find - mill saw

rosespetal

Dec 11, 2012
VA
Detector(s) used
Whites pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So of course not ALL of it required a detector to find but some extra pieces were used w the detector-anyone have ideas to age as well as the best way to clean it up some ? Thanks for any help-
IMG_8740.JPG
IMG_8739.JPG
IMG_8741.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

perry2

Jan 1, 2013
Bradford, NH
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a cord wood saw // they are still made today-- by the look of the blade it was probably made around the 1900s--Perry

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't clean it up at all. Have a new wood shaft made, using the original nuts and bolts, if possible. Then proudly display it in your front yard.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep. Cord saw. I had one at our house when we bought the place. Our pole barn is locally harvested hemlock. I found bits and pieces of the table/stand all over the property.

HPIM2394.jpg

They run off a belt or PTO from a farm tractor. Not the safest thing to be around, what with the blade and moving parts and usually no guards. They have fallen out of favor to chainsaws and hydraulic splitters.

P5300053.jpg

The blades are sought out by custom knife makers - but the shipping makes it a local proposition.

Last edited:

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the scariest pic ever, double trouble!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread