I only want to find $20,000 a year tips please

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Caches.

Lots of work, pretty boring research, but no reason you couldn't make 20k a year.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you could get a part time job.

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
$20,000 a year? Depends on the area that you live and how much research and hunting you do.

To let you know,$20,000 is not striking it rich. Perhaps you should change your name to "Strike it lower middle class on a budget" ;D

What area do you live?

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Had a diving detectorist tell me not to long ago he averaged $18,000 per year from his finds, and he didn't mess with coins at all.

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
20k a year... I like sandman's idea about getting a job ;D

On a serious note... You can narrow your options and search areas, but unless you make this your full time job (depending on where you are), you aren't likely to make that much.

Caches are an option... assuming you can do the research and find one near you. If you're near a resort area beach you might do better because of more lost jewelery and such... but either way, you're talking about lots of time invested (and batteries for the detector).

Just a little quick math... 20,000 per year is about $55 per day - EVERY DAY. If you're only working weekends, it works out to about 385 per weekend. Not too hard if you're consistently finding good gold and jewelery, or hit a big find often, but the odds are against it.

steve

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
spez401 said:
20k a year... I like sandman's idea about getting a job ;D

On a serious note... You can narrow your options and search areas, but unless you make this your full time job (depending on where you are), you aren't likely to make that much.

Caches are an option... assuming you can do the research and find one near you. If you're near a resort area beach you might do better because of more lost jewelery and such... but either way, you're talking about lots of time invested (and batteries for the detector).

Just a little quick math... 20,000 per year is about $55 per day - EVERY DAY. If you're only working weekends, it works out to about 385 per weekend. Not too hard if you're consistently finding good gold and jewelery, or hit a big find often, but the odds are against it.

steve

If you hunt for jewelry only on the weekends you would have to go to spots where VERY expensive jewelry would be lost....& get real lucky and find 1 or 2 super nice rings..........................but you would be better off trying to win the lottery

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
dimeman
I agree 100%. You may find a nice piece occasionally (I've found a few over the years), but they are usually few and far between.

steve

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Best thing I can think of is rob a bank between tot lots and you might reach your goal. Of course the price you pay is high if caught!

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
How about a hundred thousand a year realistically (Meteorites.)

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
If you live near a busy beach and can hunt every day. I would say with the clad and Jewlrey this could be possible.
better ways to do it but this could be done.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread